Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Easy DNS - Dynamic Update

Arkman

Easy DNS - Dynamic Update
« on: December 05, 2001, 06:19:25 PM »
Hello,
 I'm using, or trying, to use Darrell's Easy DNS ipupdate script for SME, but I'm having some problems. I'm getting the following error in the logs whenever the script tries to run:

Dec 5 10:53:08 bastion /usr/local/bin/ez-ipupdate[1015]: error processing request
Dec 5 10:53:08 bastion /usr/local/bin/ez-ipupdate[1015]: failure to update eth1->24.112.xxx.xxx (domain.on.ca)

Can’t really figure out what is wrong. Everything looks fine (login and password for easyDNS are correct). Does anyone have any ideas?
 The ip doesn't change that frequently so it hasn't been a problem, but being the type "A" person that I'am I hate seeing the message in my logs. And I figure this should be east to solve, but I haven't been able to solve it.

Thanks.

Tony De Keizer

Re: Easy DNS - Dynamic Update
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2002, 02:10:28 AM »
Hello,

I have recently started using the easydns service as well and have been experiencing the same issue as you.  I have just emailed the easydns support department with the necessary output of the ez-ipupdate command and the contents of my easydns.conf file and hopefully they may have answer to the problem.  Have you had any success in rectifying this issue ?

Regards
Tony De Keizer