Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

QMail = Sendmail compatible ???

Confucius

QMail = Sendmail compatible ???
« on: February 19, 2002, 04:32:32 AM »
Hi,

I'm struggling with a small problem... I know that QMail has a replacement for sendmail built in BUT the software I want to install expects sendmail and somehow it sees that sendmail is NOT installed.

Is there somebody that can explain me how to trick my server into a situation where other software packages think that sendmail is installed (like WebMin says it's NOT) ? and to be on the safe side.. /etc/sendmail.cf exists so there is more to this matter.

I don't want to destroy my good functioning SME so I'm hoping somebody has a little more experience with sendmail from the past.

Thnx in advance,

Harro

guestHH

Re: QMail = Sendmail compatible ???
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2002, 01:31:07 PM »
Hi,

If your effort is to install WebMin, you really don't want to do that for it will break e-smith's mechanisms to get things done. And you will end up with _NOT_ good functioning SME server.

Regards,
guestHH

Confucius

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2002, 03:03:43 PM »
Nope... that was not the issue.... I already have WebMin on this machine and I only use it for checking...and as far as I can see that doesn't destroy anything.

Andrew Roberts

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2002, 09:45:53 PM »
Did you try 'which sendmail' at your root prompt?   My system reports it as /usr/sbin/sendmail .  Some of the .cgi scripts I use think that sendmail lives in /usr/bin/ so they needed to be edited.