Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Multiple Dyndns domains

Luke Drumm

Multiple Dyndns domains
« on: February 09, 2003, 09:15:31 AM »
Howdy,

I've currently got 4 custom domains and one (free) dynamic domain listed with dyndns. At the moment I'm managing the IPs manually (which is a real pain).

Doing a search around I've seen plently of examples of changes suitable for just having one domain but I haven't found anything noteworthy for multiple domains.

Any suggestions?

Kelvin

Re: Multiple Dyndns domains
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 09:32:34 AM »
Hi Luke,

Download and install ddclient from the dyndns.org site. That'll solve that problem.

Kelvin

Kelvin

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2003, 09:35:43 AM »
By the way, Luke, do you mind me asking a question in return ?

Since you have custom domains with dyndns.org, do you know if they provide Backup MX services (ie. have their servers act as backup MX servers to our own) ? If so, does it cost any extra above the fee for the custom dns ?

I know there is a backup MX check box with the dynamic and static IP services, but I cannot activate them, so I don't know what they are for.

Thanks.

Kelvin

Dean Thomas

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2003, 02:12:25 PM »
Kelvin I just checked out my custom settings and I could not see anything about backup mx records :- (

Luke Drumm

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2003, 12:30:27 AM »
Sorry I can't say I've ever played around with the MX settings.

From their web documentation, it looks like they support lists of MX servers for custom domains but it doesn't seem to mention anything about supplying services above and beyond DNS.

Regards,
Luke

guck puppy

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 01:06:37 AM »