Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Port Opening not working in 5.6 -- HELP PLEASE

Offline Neririn

• +0/-0
« on: February 03, 2004, 04:39:47 PM »
I will pose this question here since I have recieved no suggestions or replies in the General Discussion Forum.

BackGround to the problem:

I had a hard drive failure and restored a tape backup to a fresh 5.6 install.  

Upon restore, the portopening contrib was not avaliable.  I have now reinstalled the portopening contrib for 5.6, (I somehow expected it to already be there after a full tape restore) but I can see that the ports are not open when doing a iptables -L, and attempts to connect on the ports (IE SecureSMTP:465) fail.  I am curious if there is something corrupt, because when I installed the contrib and accessed it via the server manager, all the ports I had previously opened were still configured there.  I dont know if it is reading from a config file or what, but I do know the ports it says it is opening it is not.  I have tried to remove and reopen the ports, no luck.  

Any help here?  PLEASE respond even if you only THINK you might know the answer.  I need 465 for remote mail and am essentially down without it. :-o

Thanks

Muzo

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 05:33:38 PM »
Hi,

Have you previously install e-smith-packetfilter-1.13.0-04.noarch.rpm contribs?

Because i knaw that portforwarding contrib need it. Perhaps port-opening need it too.