Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

email message body missing and Horde 3 upgrade

bjennings

« on: January 21, 2006, 11:01:28 AM »
I used the script from John H. Bennett  to upgrade to Horde 3.  I am running 6.01-01 and ran yum prior to installation.  Everything went well, but when I restart my server, I am unable to view the body of the email message.  I re run the script and I can see the message body.  Reboot, and I lose the message body.  Anyone give me an idea on what to try?

stocky

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 11:21:19 AM »
Same problem here....YUM broke my webmail...ran the script...sent the signal events...

Now I have a nice shiny Horde install...and cant see any message body!!!

:cry:

Help?

SME 6

PS I Also get this...

A fatal error has occurred
Forbidden.
Details have been logged for the administrator.

When i try and use the Horde Admin function

stocky

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 12:39:31 PM »
More info.......

Webmail works fine with SPAMASSASSIN & CLAM turned OFF

Both versions installed from sme.swerts-knudsen.dk scripts including CLAM 0.88 version just release.

bjennings

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 03:27:31 PM »
Well, I thought everything was working, and was checking my email around 11:00pm the other night.  I could see the bodies of messages.  Then I rechecked my email around 1:00am and couldn't.  So, I too thought maybe it was an antivirus thing, since it happened around midnight.  So, I deleted everything in the /var/cache/phpeaccelerator file, and rebooted.  Everything came back up fine.  So, I did a clamscan of var/cache/phpeaccelerator to try and get it to mess up.......and everything ran ok.  Came back in this morning, and everything is still ok.  

So, I don't know what happened to mess up the message bodies not showing up, but it didn't happen last night.  Guess I'll wait and see what happens tonight.  

I thought about exclusing /var/cache/phpeaccelerator in the nightly scan, but I don't know if that is what did anything or not.  

It's CRAZY

stocky

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 01:30:29 AM »
It looks like SPAMASSASSIn is the problem on my system...I have CLAM working now...but dont want to reboot in case it breaks again!

I will try and let swerts-knudsen know.....

stocky

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 01:39:00 AM »
or maybe not.....10 minutes after i turned it back on it was broken again :-(

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 04:56:27 AM »
A few things.  The script is run at your own risk.    :-)

Now that that is over, here are some things to check.

1. If you do anything that restarts your httpd server, do this manually
rm -f /var/cache/php-eaccelerator/*

I need to spend some time to create an event that removes this before httpd is restarted.  This is what I have done in /etc/rc.d/rc.local, so that it's cleared on a reboot.  Someone will say I should have an event in the startup that does this as well and they would be correct.

2. You can edit php.ini and remove the section for php-eaccelerator (actually edit/remove the line in the templates-custom directory.  re-expand the templates, then restart httpd.  

Right off, that is all I can think off.  I am running this on SME 6.5 with Jespers Spamassassin and Clam contribs installed.  I don't do a server scan so I can't verify if that is another issue.

HTH,

John H. Bennett III

p.s.  For the yum stuff, go here to see how to modify yum so the horde 2 components won't be downloaded and installed going forward.

http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=30245.0

bjennings

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 06:11:42 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks for the great script and for the help.  I think you have probably fixed our problems.

Offline hardijs

• +0/-0
update Swerts Knudsen's
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 12:35:46 PM »
I did have the same problem on one 6.5r1 server - after issuing the update script from Knudsem's site it worked anew.

:-)