It's Custom ISO testing Time Again

Offline wyron

• +0/-0
    • http://www.ideast.dk
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2005, 11:46:25 AM »
Quote from: "BoZz"
Hi All,

Marco's latest Custom Contrib sme-server-6.0.1-03RC3 can also be downloaded in about 1 hour from here if the primary link is slow.
http://www.weatherdownunder.net/contribs/sme-server-6.0.1-03RC3Custom.iso

Brett

:-)

Your contribs folder is not browsable. How about opening it for us (for ftp, at least), instead of forcing everybody to use wget?
Greetings
wyron

gocdo

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »
Hi

I should have said it runs well with Centos 3.3 - which was what it had until I installed this. That was a screamer (more below).

Depends if it is smp or up mode, but effect is much the same.

smp mode: the cache looks good at 2500 Mb/Sec owever, the buffered came in at a blistering 1.7MB/sec (yes 1.7).

In uni processor cache is 350mb/sec and buffered disk read is 3.11MB/sec.

The same box/disks with Centos 3.3 (smp mode, similar raid config) gets almost 2000MB/sec cache and 54.3MB/sec buffered - so it would appear something is wrong with the SME build. Another issue is the raid set is continually rebuilding, although /proc/mdstat says it needs about 20 hours to rebuild and the server hasn't run that long in one go yet.

I tried installing of the rc3 but couldn't even get the CD to boot.

So we can build a sata SME but it is limping.

Regards
Kevin

gocdo

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2005, 08:38:41 PM »
Hi Marco

Can you post the kernel config file on your site as well, then I can get the rpms, rebuild and try different SATA options (if there are any). Now that it boots and runs off SATA I just need to get the performance up where it should be :-}

Or email it to me at
kevin.m at webos dot com dot au

Regards
kevin

cc_skavenger

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2005, 10:31:52 PM »
BoZz,

Could you please delete the sme-server-6.0.1-03RC3 iso you are hosting for me.  I have removed it myself because it has too many problems.  I hope to have something to replace it soon.

Thanks

cc_skavenger

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2005, 10:46:20 PM »

Offline BoZz

• +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2005, 02:55:35 AM »
Marco,

This has been done

:-D

cc_skavenger

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2005, 04:58:17 AM »
Thanks BoZz.

I need to fix the problems with the kernel, before I can start to add in all the updated packages.  I also need to work with MySQL and PHP and see why they keep breaking things. :cry:

I guess this isn't going to be as easy as I thought.  I guess I had high expectations, but fell flat on my face.

Oh well, I will keep trying.  Thanks everyone for the feedback and the help with everything.

gocdo

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2005, 09:15:25 AM »
Thanks Marco

Will try rebuilds and see what I can do - will let you know what happens. Email me directly and we can discuss this off line

regards
kevin

kevin dot m at webos dot com dot au

matsk

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2005, 01:24:48 AM »
Will you include the new documentation as well on the ISO ?

http://mirror.contribs.org/smeserver/contribs/bobk/down-loads/

/Mats

mbachmann

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2005, 12:44:33 PM »
I gave the RC2 a shot and have not found anything unusual so far. I suggest the advanced workgroup contrib,  the Sme6admin to be added - although it is in french, and the securemail contrib.

JUL

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2005, 02:10:46 PM »
Quote from: "gocdo"
Network issue - selected E1000 (last on the select list) and now on the network.

Now to hammer it... One happy user, thanks for this version.

regards
kevin

hello,

Did you make an installation with software raid 1 enabled on your 2 Sata drives ?

Regards,

phil93

sme 6 and dell poweredge 1600 raid scsi
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »
i try to install sme on this dell and i can't
does your conrib will help me ?

JUL

Re: sme 6 and dell poweredge 1600 raid scsi
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2005, 08:51:12 PM »
Quote from: "phil93"
i try to install sme on this dell and i can't
does your conrib will help me ?

Is there really a 2.4.28 kernel when I run install with anaconda, with a uname -a, i see a 2.4.20 kernel. What's wrong with that ?

mbachmann

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2005, 10:11:59 AM »
I felt lucky and applied the 6.5 beta as an upgrade over the custom 6.01 RC2 to see what happens. Machine was configured to server-only mode, only one user existent.

1. It does not seem to upgrade anything, the older packages are still in use (like samba 2.2.8 or e-smith-base 6.0.4), nothing new, rien. I expected it to upgrade the rpm's at last.

2. It actually does something: no remote access over ssh or https possible, you can use the local server-manager. Most services start as normal, dns seems to be broken ("unable to bind udp socket")

This was just a spare time test and should not be taken serious - although i wonder about the complete failure of the 6.5 "upgrade" function.

daley

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2005, 04:13:42 AM »
Quote from: "BoZz"
Hi All,

Marco's latest Custom Contrib sme-server-6.0.1-03RC3 can also be downloaded in about 1 hour from here if the primary link is slow.
http://www.weatherdownunder.net/contribs/sme-server-6.0.1-03RC3Custom.iso

Brett

:-)

Dear all,

I am trying to download this file but failed, where is the exact location that i can access it, many thanks.