Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

PDC Problem (SOLVED)

Offline xboxer21

• +0/-0
PDC Problem (SOLVED)
« on: May 10, 2006, 01:17:12 AM »
Please let me know if I have done anything wrong here as I'm having trouble resolving the PDC from a xp professional client machine.
I did read quite a few posts about the PDC issue but could not resolve my problem.

I recently installed the SME Server 7.0rc2. I have it set up as server+gateway. I want to use it as the PDC on my network.
I did execute the logonxp registry fix from the server-resources on my xp clients
I have modified the HOSTS on the xp clients file and have added a line as follows

192.168.10.1            smeserver.local

I have changed the SME server workgroup settings using the server-manager
Windows Workgroup: WORKNET
ServerName: SME
Workgroup and Domain Controleer: Yes
Roaming Profiles : Yes

LDAP Directory Settings:
LDAP Directrry Access: Allow Public access

On the XP client I go to the properties of Mycomputer and select the computer Name Tab
Click the change button
Select the Domain Radio Button and enter smeserver.local as the Domain,
when I click ok I get the following error message

Note: This information is intended for a network administrator.  If you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator that you received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\WINDOWS\debug\dcdiag.txt.

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain lucid.work:

The error was: "DNS name does not exist."
(error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.smeserver.local

Common causes of this error include the following:

- The DNS SRV record is not registered in DNS.

- One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child zone:

smeserver.local
local
. (the root zone)

For information about correcting this problem, click Help.

Appreciate your help

Thanks

Offline xboxer21

• +0/-0
SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 01:48:53 AM »
Did more searching on the forum and found the answer.. here's the post http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=31513.0

Thanks