Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

SME 7.0b9 and return receipts

Offline markehle

• +0/-0
« on: January 06, 2006, 08:56:04 PM »
Hello, All -

I have installed 7.0b9 on a spare machine that I have, and noticed that the new imp system allows for return receipts. The other folks in my office have expressed interest in this feature, and would like me to implement it when 7.0 goes final.

I tried to test this by sending a message from admin user in the box to another local user on the box, clicking on "Request a Read Receipt" and "Request Delivery Confirmation". When I sent the message, even though I did open it on the other end, I got neither.

Do I need to enable this feature somewhere, or is this feature not available on this version? Or, is it a bug?

Thanks -

Mark

Offline byte

• +2/-0
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 10:51:29 PM »
If you think you have a problem post to Bug Tracker, let the Dev's decide as they might not read forums as much
--[byte]--

Have you filled in a Bug Report over @ http://bugs.contribs.org ? Please don't wait to be told this way you help us to help you/others - Thanks!

Offline gordonr

• +0/-0
    • http://www.smeserver.com.au/
Re: SME 7.0b9 and return receipts
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 12:28:07 AM »
Quote from: "markehle"

I tried to test this by sending a message from admin user in the box to another local user on the box, clicking on "Request a Read Receipt" and "Request Delivery Confirmation". When I sent the message, even though I did open it on the other end, I got neither.

Those features depend on Delivery Service Notifications, which require every mail server along the path to honour them, and (IMNSHO) that's very unlikely. Anyway, please raise it in the bug tracker so we can track this issue.

Offline markehle

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 06:54:01 PM »
I know that they don't always work for email to the outside, but I think it would be nice if they worked from user to user on the same server.

In any case, I did register this, bug #427.

Thanks again for a super-fine product!

Mark

Offline mike_mattos

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 08:37:03 PM »
Are you sure that your mail reader had the options to return confirmations turned on?  I've got a lot of sticky settings on my email client, & sometimes it isn't in the mode I think it is!