Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Correct way to change IP and other networking parameters?

nfraser

« on: February 24, 2006, 10:18:34 PM »
Hi

Due to a configuration error during setup I need to change the subnet mask and DNS entries for a SME Server in "Server Only" mode. Without a reinstallation is there another way to change this information without hacking manuualy at the config? (v6.0.1 BTW)

TIA

Neil

Offline Boris

• +0/-0
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 10:32:02 PM »
login as admin to console and reconfigure the server. It will go through the same dialogs as an initial configuration and you can modify setting on every step.

nfraser

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 08:43:38 PM »
Thanks. I presume you mean log in as the "admin" user from the local machine using keyboard? Does the config progema start as soon as I log in or do I have to start it manually?

Thanks for your original response!

Neil

Offline byte

• +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 11:22:19 AM »
You can ssh into it and run console...You will have to start manually, IIRC it was option 2 "Configure..."

If your at command line you can type su admin and that will take you to the console screen
--[byte]--

Have you filled in a Bug Report over @ http://bugs.contribs.org ? Please don't wait to be told this way you help us to help you/others - Thanks!

nfraser

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 06:12:40 PM »
Thanks to byte and Boris. The server is now correctly configured and operational!!

Thanks again.

Neil