Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

online auction software

Offline raem

• +4/-0
online auction software
« on: March 06, 2006, 05:40:14 AM »
I did a quick search using google and there seems to be quite a few flavours of online auction software. I've never seen any reference to anyone using a particular product on sme server
Does anyone use online auction software (preferably GPL) on sme 6 and can recommend a product and provide install instructions.

Thanks
Ray

Offline beakersloco

• +0/-0
online auction software
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 11:56:10 PM »
So do you mean software that will enable you to set up an auction site like ebay or a site that runs auction management software like andale  ?
All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.???" Edmund Burke -Irish orator, philosopher, & politician

For the battle is not yours, but God's.   2 Chronicles 20:15

Offline raem

• +4/-0
online auction software
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 01:11:38 AM »
beakersloco

> do you mean software that will enable you to set up an auction site like ebay...

Yes, I was thinking of software to run online auctions on my own system, similar to the ebay concept although much lesser volume.

I did have a look around at the phpBB website and found a module for phpBB forum software. It appears to be old and only supported up to v2.0.10, which is quite an old version of phpBB, currently I think we're at 2.0.19.
It doesn't appear to be being maintained though.

> or a site that runs auction management software like andale

No

Offline Agent86

• +0/-0
    • http://www.iclbiz.com
Revived
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 08:56:16 PM »
Hi all

Just revived this question as I'm dabbling with this idea my self

I've found a multitude of GPL auctions and reverse auctions out there

phpauction which is GPL but also has edited editions etc.
pro bid etc.

there are really very many of them, I also purchase one on ebay, search ebay for auction script, or php auction script.

And also search google for auction script, or php auction script there are really so many it's hard to choose, but also you should be able to navagate to some free GPL ones to try which I'm working on now myself

I'm using a edited version of php auction but it's someones edited editions I think it's called Flux or something.

Ezauction is another one that appearantly can auto install when using a program called Fransico but I think you need to use their hosting and their cpanel for this auto install feature

The auctions range in price from the ones on ebay at: .99 cents, up to around $39.00 and on google searches I've seen free on up to $1500 and anyplace in between.

A good average appears to be around 30 up to 100 bucks and they will usually install it for you as well for that price.

I'm currently having a problem installing mine as a newbie I can't figure out the path's to the sme server, I've got the file permissions figured, but still don't have the auction up and running yet,

I'll post my findings once I get a working install
Hope this helps

Offline Agent86

• +0/-0
    • http://www.iclbiz.com
RE: php auction
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 04:57:53 AM »
I've got my first partial install of php auction v7 and it's almost there, has a lot of nice features, but I'm not quite completely installed yet, but below is what it looks like so far with errors but I"m getting closer, I'll post the download link once I get it installed properly

here is what I have it looking like so far on sme 7 pre3
www.foolishlys.com