Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Spamassasin - no junkmail folder in some accounts....

bkv22

« on: April 04, 2006, 11:27:49 AM »
I need some help from you, experinenced guys, since I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.....

Have a new 6.5RC1 installed since the old disk crashed. Works like a server, not a gateway as before due to lack of network preformance.

Anyway. Have created about 30 accounts. Flawlessly.
Wants, wrong: NEED Spamassasin.

Runs
wget -N  http://sme.swerts-knudsen.dk/downloads/SpamFilter/spamfilter_installbeta.sh
sh spamfilter_installbeta.sh

Getting errors and can't find Spam control panel in server-manager.
Find a solution:
http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=31266.0

Download this file:
http://mirror.contribs.org/smeserver/contribs/swerts-knudsen/SpamFilter/sme-spamfilter-1.3.0-1.noarch.rpm
Runs:
rpm -Uvh sme-spamfilter-1.3.0-1.noarch.rpm

Find the Spam panel in server-manager after this. Configure it as suggested. So far so good.

Now the problem starts. Cant' find Junkmail folders in *some* (most) of the accounts. Hmm.
Try to run
# lat-procmail -c "*|enabled|no|some|normal"
and can see the status is changed for all accounts (Lazy Admin Tool is installed).
Still no junkmail folders.

Browse to each individual Maildir and can see a ";junkmail" folder in all accounts.
But not in webmail or in OE using POP3 or IMAP.

When I check .procmailrc from an account that works, it looks quite different comparing to the one that doesn't.

Now: how can I do these changes to all accounts in an appropriate way? My skills for doing this ain't that good, it's about "adding user templates" I think. Like in this thread:
http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=25568.msg112440#msg112440
Or is there an easier way? There must be more of you out there having this problem.
Implementing scripts directy by cut&paste from a screenshot is...hmm..."rough" for many of us out here...

Yum has been installed and was preformed just yesterday.

BTW: the only thing visible in the User-Panel is change of password and delivery of mail locally or not.

Appreciating all help! :roll:

Offline raem

• +4/-0
Re: Spamassasin - no junkmail folder in some accounts....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 11:51:39 AM »
bkv22

>.. Cant' find Junkmail folders in *some* (most) of the accounts.
>..Browse to each individual Maildir and can see a ";junkmail" folder in all accounts.
>.. But not in webmail or in OE using POP3 or IMAP.

So you do in fact have junkmail folders on the server.

You won't see the junkmail folder using POP3 as all mail is collected from the Inbox on the server and downloads to your local Inbox. If you want a junkmail folder then you have to create it locally in your POP3 account in OE, but it won't get mail from the server junkmail folder.

For the IMAP accounts you need to "Show" the junkmail folders in your email client for them to become visible. In OE click on the IMAP folders button, highlight junkmail folder and then click the Show button.

If you want your POP users to see the junkmail folder on the server, then set them up with both a POP account and a IMAP account for the same sme user (email account).
I do it and it works fine.

bkv22

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 01:22:01 PM »
Thanks for your fast reply!

Junkmail folders on the server..well...I don't know what to say about that. Both yes and no. I can actually see them while browsing but not in webmail or IMAP. I'd say that the .procmailrc file is vital in this matter. I think?

I know that the junkmap folder isn't visible in POP3 but it should show up in IMAP. An definately in the Webmail! I'm familiar to this function and it worked fine before the disk crashed. I created a new test-account after the installation of Spamassasin to see what happend but no junkmail folder showed up.

The spam filter works for those who has visible junkmail folders (my own account is not one of them) but I get plenty of junkmail right in my Inbox.

bkv22

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 06:52:04 PM »
Iv'e solved it! Myself! In a strange way...
First I found this advise in an old thread:

If you install the laest beta release from swerts you can then run the following commands to get the procmail rules working:

/sbin/e-smith/signal-event spamfilter-init-procmail
/sbin/e-smith/signal-event spamfilter-modprocmail

Not sure if you need the second one, but this seems to get everything working.

http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=25974.0

Did that.
Still I couldn't see any junkmail folder in my webmail.
But I could confirm that my .procmailrc file was changed.

Second, I IMAP'ed my mail and made sure that all folders should be visible.

And that did the trick!
After that I can see my jumkmail folder even in my webmail, but it seems like I have to do this IMAP-thing with all accounts.

And I can already see some crap in this folder.... <grin>