Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

After update server stops with GRUB

phelge

After update server stops with GRUB
« on: April 23, 2006, 02:46:57 PM »
Hi Guys.

Just made an fresh install of 7.0rc1 some days ago. Today I accepted an  automatic update of the kernel. I was told on the monitor that a reboot and a reconfig would be initiated . Accepted that. After the reboot my server stopped with a GRUB screen. Tryed to reboot. No change. Tryed reinstall. No change. Now I have to reset the MBR on all disks.

Have any of you got an idea of what is going on.

My system is a old IBM intellistation at 550 mhz, 256 mb ram, Promise tx4 sata controller and 4x250 gb maxtor hdd.

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
Re: After update server stops with GRUB
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 05:44:39 PM »
Quote from: "phelge"

Please report all problems via the Bug Tracker. Thanks.

Offline psoren

• +0/-0
Re: After update server stops with GRUB
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 09:46:51 PM »
Quote from: "phelge"
Hi Guys.

Just made an fresh install of 7.0rc1 some days ago. Today I accepted an  automatic update of the kernel. I was told on the monitor that a reboot and a reconfig would be initiated . Accepted that. After the reboot my server stopped with a GRUB screen. Tryed to reboot. No change. Tryed reinstall. No change. Now I have to reset the MBR on all disks.

My system is a old IBM intellistation at 550 mhz, 256 mb ram, Promise tx4 sata controller and 4x250 gb maxtor hdd.

You could try to do an upgrade from the CD, save me once... But as Charlie says, don't forget a bug report.

Per