Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Hard Drive Space

Offline askelon

• +0/-0
Hard Drive Space
« on: May 27, 2006, 04:27:31 AM »
Is there any way of doing a map of whats using up all my HDD space?  Ive got backup2ws running and its backups are a little larger than I expected (they used to be around 3gb, now their 4.5gb).  I can use the quotas to see whos using what but thats not really telling me much as my main user (me) is using around 500mb of it all.  Any help would be appreciated.  :)

Offline crazybob

• +0/-0
    • Stalzer R&D
Hard Drive Space
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 05:51:34 AM »
You may want to try this.
http://mirror.contribs.org/smeserver//contribs/saco/contrib/e-smith-durep/

It looks like it should work for SME6 by looking at the date. I am using the SME 7.o version of this, and it will bive a report in server-manager so you can see what is taking up room on your HDD.

Bob
If you think you know whats going on, you obviously have no idea whats going on!

Offline askelon

• +0/-0
Hard Drive Space
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 06:33:32 AM »
Cool thanks for that. Installed it and its all working fine.  Still not quite sure where the space is all going though so I guess I'll have to get off my butt and do a good look thru my backups to see :).

Offline beakersloco

• +0/-0
Hard Drive Space
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 09:32:41 AM »
I am going to ask jsut in case you have not looked .

Log into the server manager and then goto quotas . It will show  you what user has the most data uploaded on the server. Then it simply will be a matter of looking om the areas they upload to or asking that the user with the most data remove some of it.
All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.???" Edmund Burke -Irish orator, philosopher, & politician

For the battle is not yours, but God's.   2 Chronicles 20:15