Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

How do I get to the root of the server?

cidhosting

« on: June 28, 2006, 03:07:34 AM »
So I can make some changes from the root, not from the panel on the server.
Every time I boot the server It takes me to the program interfase, but i want to be able to work in root. Can anybody help me?

Offline crazybob

• +0/-0
    • Stalzer R&D
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 03:54:32 AM »
As long as you are in the admin interface, go to menu option 2, configure server. As you progress through the menus, you will come to an item for login. It is currently set to automatic. Change it to login, and continue through the process without changing anything else. After you exit from the admin screen, it should say your server name:login. Type in root, and hit enter. Then it will ask for the root password. Type in the root/admin password and hit enter. now you should be at a command line interface. To close the interface type exit, or press control d.
If you think you know whats going on, you obviously have no idea whats going on!

cidhosting

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 04:06:56 AM »
Thank You

Offline beakersloco

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 09:19:49 AM »
I have my box  set to go to the login prompt and to require a login.

At the command prompt log in using root instead of admin. Its the same password as the admin account. This will put you at the console prompt.
All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.???" Edmund Burke -Irish orator, philosopher, & politician

For the battle is not yours, but God's.   2 Chronicles 20:15

Offline crzy_dmd

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 06:21:45 AM »
or you can just use the CTRL+F2, to open a new session, (you can use F3, F4, etc.)

:P