Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Anybody got a copy of 6.0beta3 iso?

spkelly

« on: July 18, 2006, 07:53:05 AM »
I need one to test upgrading it to 7.0.

Yes, it's a server running 6.0beta3. No, it hasn't gone to 6.0.01.

That is why I want to test upgrading on another piece of hardware, rather than the one in place, but I need media to install 6.0beta3 with. Should be interesting.

Anybody want to put up an rsync of it?

Offline dsemuk

• +0/-0
--
Esmith/Mitel/SME server  :-D...

spkelly

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 06:22:07 AM »
Ta. For whatever reason PlanetMirror is dodgy as here (in Oz, too...). Especially if I try to use download managers to get the files.

FTPing them is okelydokely though.

Testing this upgrade path soon, and will let you all know of the results.

spkelly

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 01:13:48 AM »
Okay, well that went swimmingly.

Installed 6.0beta3 onto fresh hardware (of older vintage than the client's, but still good stuff), added 10 user accounts, added an ibay and modified it. Logged in to webmail as all the users and sent each other heaps of emails. All good.

Performed the upgrade over the top of the beta3 install (not using backup/restore method, just blast and replace). Install routine warned that it was an older version than it could upgrade from, OKed that, and let it go and do its thing. It did its thing... I logged in to the server and... all the stuff was there. User accounts were transported, ibay was transported... happiness was achieved.

I am yet to perform a restore from backup (will have to be a network backup as the client's box has no tape drive). That is probably for tomorrow, though.