Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

IMAP personal folders

Tim Hogan

IMAP personal folders
« on: January 29, 2002, 07:35:46 AM »
I am using Outlook Express as my mail client.  I have found that folders created for my mail account in Webmail are not accessible in Outlook Express and folders created in Outlook Express are not visible in Webmail for the same account.  In Outlook Express if I click on my IMAP account and then on the IMAP folders button a folder called Mail appears with the subfolders I created in Webmail.  If I set the properties of these folders to Show I receive a message that there is no such mailbox as mail.  If I create a folder in Outlook Express it does not appear in Webmail.

How can I get folders created in one to show in the other?

Thanks,

Tim Hogan

David SedeƱo

Re: IMAP personal folders
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2002, 02:10:48 PM »
Hi,

Install this package:

http://myezserver.com/downloads/mitel/dmc-mitel-imp-folders-0.0.1-1.noarch.rpm

This will setup the correct place for the imp folders.

Cheers

Tim Hogan

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2002, 07:32:09 AM »
Thanks very much.

Tim Hogan

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2002, 05:08:17 PM »
I installed dmc-mitel-imp-folders-0.0.1-1.noarch.rpm and it worked just fine.  Outlook Express and Webmail now see and use all the same folders.  I also installed the user-manager panel from the myeasyserver web site and notice that when configuring procmail through the user-manager panel that the existing mail folders selection tab sees no existing folders.  Do I need to change a configuration setting for the user-manager?

Thanks,

Tim Hogan