Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Track pop3 emails for 1 account

Offline citylloyd

• +0/-0
Track pop3 emails for 1 account
« on: October 03, 2009, 12:37:11 AM »
 :cool: Does any one know or have any suggestions on how I can track the email activity of a single user? We suspect an employee is abusing email privileges and would like to bcc all emails sent/and/or received by this person. We are using the pop3 system with Outlook.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I looked through all the contribs and on the forums, but haven't come across this question.  :)

Offline paradigm

• +0/-0
Re: Track pop3 emails for 1 account
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 01:32:58 AM »
You could use MailArchiva for SME Server , and look and see exactly what emails the user is sending

Offline Normando

• +2/-1
    • Unixlan
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 01:45:32 AM »
Yes, you can use MailArchiva, but if you want to track for a limited time an account, read this:

http://wiki.contribs.org/SME_Server:Documentation:FAQ#Keep_a_copy_of_all_emails

Offline citylloyd

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 05:44:31 PM »
 :cool: Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate the help. I was trying to avoid backing up emails from  over 100 employees, but then after thinking about it, I get lots of requests for accidently deleted emails. So maybe not a bad idea for either suggestion. I wasn't aware of MailArchiva before. Maybe worth investing in.

Keep up the great work. We are die hard fans of sme server since version 3. Really looking forward to version 8!!

Have a great day :)