Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Mail Error 552 No date header not accepted here

T0b3rm0r3y

« on: August 15, 2006, 02:28:50 AM »
I have managed to get a 7.0 server running well apart from getting the error message above when I try email via MYOB (NZ accounting software).  There is no option to add a date header in the software so I need to remove the need for one from the SME mail client.  I have no idea how to do this as I set up the server via the management console & have never scripted in Linux.  Can someone please help me to manage this?  I don't even know how to enter the text based script tool...

Offline smeghead

• +0/-0
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 01:40:13 PM »
.. hmm, it would seem that MYOB are just as inept in this area as in most others (in my experience); its yet another triumph of marketing over content ... try turning off the SMTP proxy in the server manager and using your ISP's SMTP server as the outgoing server in MYOB (tho the ISP may be just as intolerant).

Better would be to use your service contract to contact MYOB and tell them about the problem; the level of abuse you level at them for being so silly is up to you.

SME adheres rather strictly to most, if not all, the mail RFC's and as such can be intolerant of programs that are poorly written.

HTH

tandum

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 03:33:23 PM »
I had a large business scanner which emailed scans, getting the same error.

Quick and dirty, temporary solution:
edit the server file /var/service/qpsmtpd/config/plugins
comment out the line check_basicheaders by putting a # in front of it.
save changes to the file.
restart qpsmtpd with a  /etc/rc.d/init.d/qpsmtpd restart

To make it perminent you need to alter the template for that plugins file.