Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

'smtp-auth-proxy' on SME 6.01 PLUS ?

york

« on: August 18, 2006, 07:20:40 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I have SME 6.01 upgraded to the so-called PLUS.  Now I need to turn on outbound smtp authentication but the following command was unable to do the trick for me:

# /sbin/e-smith/db configuration setprop smtp-auth-proxy Userid <username@ISP.net> Passwd <mypassword> status enabled

Upon looking closer I discovered that my SME does not have 'smtp-auth-proxy' under 'configuration'.  I came to this conclusion by listing the 'keys' and althrough I was able to find 'SMTPsmarthost', that's about all that I can get that I think is related to smtp relay & authentication.

My question is: Is 'smtp-auth-proxy' avail on 6.01 ?  Or do I have to use 6.5/7.0 ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

/YC:yc

Offline raem

• +4/-0
Re: 'smtp-auth-proxy' on SME 6.01 PLUS ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 06:15:47 AM »
york

>My question is: Is 'smtp-auth-proxy' avail

> on 6.01 ?

No, but you can install various rpms to enable this, search the forums & devinfo.

>  Or do I have to use 6.5/7.0 ?

Yes in both these by default.

Why are you even bothering to use 6.x any version , when sme7 final has been released & is better in so many ways ?

york

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 05:32:31 PM »
Hello Ray,

Thanks for the info.  I will search for the RPM(s) ...

--

> Why are you even bothering to use 6.x any version , when sme7
> final has been released & is better in so many ways ?

To answer your question, what I look for from SME is a stable, solid platform to support the users' daily operation.  SME 7 is too "new" for me and based on my findings from the past month or so on my test LAN, some of the contribs that I am using now is either not ported [yet], or semi-ported (i.e. incomplete or with many bugs).  Therefore in my opinion SME 7 is not ready for my users, though I am sure may people here may disagree with me ...

Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

Regards,

/YC:yc