Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Emails is arriving after 24 hours! :(

miguelalbore

« on: August 15, 2006, 04:11:56 AM »
Hi everyone...

When i send emails to yahoo or hotmail accounts it late between 24 or 48 hours in arrive. When its from internal accounts this emails are delivery inmediatly :(

This problem have 1 month ago and i haven't installed any contrib on this time.

Someone knows that it wrong on this?

Thank you for your answer.

Offline raem

• +4/-0
Re: Emails is arriving after 24 hours! :(
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 12:44:40 PM »
miguelalbore

Read the headers of the received message to see where it was & when it was there  eg the delivery path.
Check your servers log files to see when the message was really sent.
eg smtpfront-qmail/current

bugme

We have the same delayed mail problem!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 01:43:11 AM »
We have been running SME 6.0 for about 3 years now.
The email to and from internal accounts to outside are poor.
Delays sending, receiving, no receiving.
Nothing has changed in many months.
Turned off spamassassin and clamav additions for now.

how best to troubleshoot what is going on?

Thanks.

Offline beakersloco

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 09:10:21 AM »
The problem might be on the hotmail or yahoo side ... I am using version 6.01 and my box ( with some custom installed contribs) tends to instantly send emails.

Since my network printer took a dive  I email files from my sme box to my hotmail account so I can print them out. Normally by the time I walk from the front room to the back room (maybe a 1 min) I open up Outlook express and the email is in my hotmail account. Now every blue moon I notice if I am away from home at work and I send an email using my sme server account and it takes a few mins to arrive in my hotmail or yahoo email.

I also know that a friend of mine emails me from his isp account (cable) and I cannot send to him because the ip address of my box is from with in a dhcp range and as so they block it.

Maybe the email is being stopped and put in a que to be scanned  once the other email server received it and once its scanned and they see that its not spam they let it go thru.
All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.???" Edmund Burke -Irish orator, philosopher, & politician

For the battle is not yours, but God's.   2 Chronicles 20:15

miguelalbore

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 04:15:36 AM »
My email is not arriving... anymore, i think that it's a problem from my server side, i am waiting for a clean installation, how do you think?