Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Help with SAIL Trunk Pre-select needed (SOLVED)

Offline del

• +0/-0
« on: March 17, 2007, 02:42:05 AM »
I would like to be able to choose which trunk I dial out on according to the destination and carriers charges. I have seen under the trunk settings in server manager a box entitled:
Trunk Pre-select (2 digits):
if I put something like 91 for trunk 1, 92 for trunk 2 etc. will this be able to do what I want? If so I can't quite work out how this will effect my routes :?  If any one is doing this could you give me some pointers please. Thanks.

Regards,
Del
If at first you don't succeed, then sky-diving is not for you!
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once." --Author Unknown

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 09:00:48 PM »
Hello Del,

As you've already guessed, trunk pre-select allows you to force a call out over a particular trunk.  Simply prefix your dialled number with the pre-select value.  So, if you've given a particular trunk a preselect code of 91 then by dialling 91+number then SAIL will use that trunk, irrespective of what you have defined in your routes.

Pre-select was primarily put into the system as a diagnostic aid for analogue & ISDN lines but you can use it however you wish.

Best

Selintra

Offline del

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 02:53:46 AM »
Hi Selintra,

Thanks for the reply I guessed that it would allow me to "choose" which trunk to use, just wasn't sure how it would effect the routes.

Regards,
Del
If at first you don't succeed, then sky-diving is not for you!
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once." --Author Unknown