Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Default repositories 7.1

Offline svangool

• +0/-0
Default repositories 7.1
« on: January 13, 2007, 10:35:38 PM »
I upgraded from 7.0 to 7.1, at last.

I must say, I was nervous about it, because people reported problems with fetchmail (I use a configuration with "freepops") and dynamic DNS (I use a customized script for "zoneedit").

I must confess  :oops: , sometimes I can be too paranoid about these things, because neither of these problems occured to me (yet  :twisted: ).

Great job team   :D !!!

I have a question: I somehow garbled the input to the software installer and I saw Gordon remarking that a clean 7.1 has also Centos repositories enabled by default, can someone list me the default repositories of a clean 7.1?

Thanx, Sjef.

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
Re: Default repositories 7.1
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 07:00:24 PM »
Quote from: "svangool"
I have a question: I somehow garbled the input to the software installer and I saw Gordon remarking that a clean 7.1 has also Centos repositories enabled by default, can someone list me the default repositories of a clean 7.1?

Thanx, Sjef.
AFAIK there are no CentOS repositories enbaled by default, they could be visible however. The only repositories I have enabled default are smeos, smeupdates and smeaddons. I believe this also to be the developers opinion, but correct me if I am wrong.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline pfloor

• +1/-0
Re: Default repositories 7.1
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 10:10:34 PM »
Quote from: "cactus"
Quote from: "svangool"

Thanx, Sjef.
AFAIK there are no CentOS repositories enbaled by default, they could be visible however. The only repositories I have enabled default are smeos, smeupdates and smeaddons. I believe this also to be the developers opinion, but correct me if I am wrong.

OK, I will correct you.  :lol:  The topic of enabling CentOS repos has gone on since the beginning.  First they were enabled then disabled, but now (in 7.1) the Centos os and updates repos are enabled by default (on a fresh install).

If they were visable and enabled in your 7.0 install then they will be when you update to 7.1.
If they were not visable then they will be visable but NOT enabled when you update to 7.1.

See http://bugs.contribs.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1849 for details.
In life, you must either "Push, Pull or Get out of the way!"