Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Blocking LDAP address book from users

rhutchence

« on: March 05, 2007, 06:13:53 AM »
Hi all,

I have the issuse of students discovering the LDAP address book in Horde. This has lead them to send out mass amounts of email throughout the college. Is there a way to globally disable the LDAP address book to try and prevent this from happening?

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
Re: Blocking LDAP address book from users
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 10:04:20 PM »
Quote from: "rhutchence"
Hi all,

I have the issuse of students discovering the LDAP address book in Horde. This has lead them to send out mass amounts of email throughout the college. Is there a way to globally disable the LDAP address book to try and prevent this from happening?

You could create a custom-template with a blank 50LocalLDAP file, then signal-event email-update.  Now all users should only see their personal address book.  This will effect all users, even staff.

John

rhutchence

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 01:00:10 AM »
I've just found the time to get back to this problem after having to rebuild my server from a toally unrelated hard Drive problem.

I've been looking around the the file structure and I cannot find where the custom templates are suppose to be stored. Can someone please point me in the corret direction.....

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 04:19:59 AM »
I've just found the time to get back to this problem after having to rebuild my server from a toally unrelated hard Drive problem.

I've been looking around the the file structure and I cannot find where the custom templates are suppose to be stored. Can someone please point me in the corret direction.....

/etc/e-smith/templates-custom

John

rhutchence

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 07:04:22 AM »
Quote from: "mrjhb3"

You could create a custom-template with a blank 50LocalLDAP file, then signal-event email-update.  Now all users should only see their personal address book.  This will effect all users, even staff.

I have created a new file and named it 50LocalLDAP in the template-custom directory and ran the CLI as specified above but the change has not been applied. Is there something that I'm missing??

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 01:33:01 PM »
Quote from: "mrjhb3"

I have created a new file and named it 50LocalLDAP in the template-custom directory and ran the CLI as specified above but the change has not been applied. Is there something that I'm missing??

Yes, you need to read the admin guide on how the templates system works, http://wiki.contribs.org/SME_Server:Documentation.

Here it is spelled out

mkdir -p /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/home/httpd/html/horde/turba/config/sources.php
touch /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/home/httpd/html/horde/turba/config/sources.php/50LocalLDAP
signal-event email-update
Login to webmail, no ldap address book

John

rhutchence

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 12:40:37 AM »
Thankyou John!!!! All worked  :D