Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Want to upgrade from 6.0.1-01 custom to 7.1

Offline sgt-spam

• +0/-0
« on: March 21, 2007, 02:10:26 PM »
I want to move to SME 7.1, and I've read I need to remove all non-standard contribs and templates before upgrading.  I only care about users/passwords and mail data.  Ibays can be rebuilt without a problem.

How can I identify any non-standard contribs on my system?  Off the top I know I run SpamAssassin and ClamAV...

Is there a different or preferred way to just save user/pass and mail?  I feel like a clean install would treat me better, as I'm sure I've attempted to install things in the past that I either don't use now, or couldn't make work.

It's been a long while since I've had to do much with this server, so I'm rusty  to say the least...

Offline del

• +0/-0
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 08:01:44 PM »
Hi sgt-spam,

Take a look here:

http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=31159.0

Regards,
Del
If at first you don't succeed, then sky-diving is not for you!
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once." --Author Unknown

Offline sgt-spam

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 01:37:25 PM »
Thank you for the link...

I've successfully moved the data using that script to a test machine and everything seems to be OK.

THANK YOU!

To get everything back on my primary hardware, I think a simple workstation back up / restore will do the trick.  Just have to wipe / install 7 on my mail box and we're back in business.

THANK YOU!

Offline del

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 02:31:51 PM »
Your welcome, I found the link AFTER I attempted to migrate using my own ideas that failed miserably :oops:

Regards,
Del
If at first you don't succeed, then sky-diving is not for you!
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once." --Author Unknown