Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

How to configure Dkim for all outgoing email

How to configure Dkim for all outgoing email
« on: July 01, 2009, 07:23:53 PM »
Please help me!
It is possible to configure Dkim or DomaineKeyfor all outgoing email in SME SERVER 7.4 because Yahoo is killing me (deferred all mail 3-12h).
If exist any pach or somethin else please advise me.
Thank you!

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
Re: How to configure Dkim for all outgoing email
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 07:46:59 PM »
Please help me!
It is possible to configure Dkim or DomaineKeyfor all outgoing email in SME SERVER 7.4 because Yahoo is killing me (deferred all mail 3-12h).
If exist any pach or somethin else please advise me.
Thank you!
Wouldn't it be easier to configure you ISP's mailserver as outgoing mail server on your SME Server, that way I think all your problems with yahoo will be gone.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 09:49:28 PM »
Thank you for your prompt resposn.Form my ISP I have DNS record and internet acces , not mailserver. It is any possibility to integrate DKIM in Sme Server for outgoing mail?

Offline janet

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 06:06:45 PM »
iulian.cristea

There are some clues/suggestions re PTR & SPF here
http://wiki.contribs.org/SME_Server:Documentation:Administration_Manual:Appendix

These are really something your ISP does for you, or you do in your external DNS records if you know how to do it, clue - search google.

These are not settings you make on sme server.

To work around the need to configure these settings, then you send mail via your ISP's mail server (set this in server manager email panel), but as you say the option to use your ISP's mail server is not available, then you have no choice but to get records configured by your ISP.

Yahoo (& many others) got tough on spammers over 2 years ago !
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.