Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Affa - Problem in restoring file from folders with ()

Offline the-heck

• +0/-0
  • Chance favors the prepared mind.
Affa - Problem in restoring file from folders with ()
« on: February 26, 2008, 10:54:43 AM »
Hi guys,

Please help me.  I cannot restore a file from affa archieve using rsync.

Tried:
rsync -av "/var/affa/filshare/daily.4/home/e-smith/files/ibays/mechfiles/files/Valve Control (Design Gr)/VALVE LIST FOR ISSUED.xls" 192.168.1.7:"/home/e-smith/files/ibays/mechfiles/files/Valve Control \\(Design Gr\\)/VALVE LIST FOR ISSUED.xls"

I also tried to export to a variable but to no avail.

Anyone please.

·¨­­­°÷»the-heck«÷°¨·

Offline m

• +0/-0
  • Peet
Re: Affa - Problem in restoring file from folders with ()
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 01:00:16 PM »
Try:

Code: [Select]
rsync -av "/var/affa/filshare/daily.4/home/e-smith/files/ibays/mechfiles/files/Valve Control (Design Gr)/VALVE LIST FOR ISSUED.xls" "192.168.1.7:/home/e-smith/files/ibays/mechfiles/files/Valve\\ Control\\ \(Design\\ Gr\)/VALVE\\ LIST\\ FOR\\ ISSUED.xls"
Edit: The blank character between "Design" and "Gr" in the destination path was not escaped.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 07:51:21 AM by mweinber »

Offline the-heck

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 05:06:42 AM »
Dear MWeinber,

I tried and here is the result.  I really don't know how what more to escape.  Please help.
Thank you in advance.
[root@fileshare2 Valve Control (Design Gr)]# rsync -av "/var/affa/filshare/daily                                             .4/home/e-smith/files/ibays/mechfiles/files/Valve Control (Design Gr)/VALVE LIST                                              FOR ISSUED.xls" 192.168.1.7:"/home/e-smith/files/ibays/mechfiles/files/Valve Co                                             ntrol \\(Design Gr\\)/VALVE LIST FOR ISSUED.xls"
[root@fileshare2 Valve Control (Design Gr)]# rsync -av "/var/affa/filshare/daily                                             .4/home/e-smith/files/ibays/mechfiles/files/Valve Control (Design Gr)/VALVE LIST                                              FOR ISSUED.xls" "192.168.1.7:/home/e-smith/files/ibays/mechfiles/files/Valve\\                                              Control\\ \(Design Gr\)/VALVE\\ LIST\\ FOR\\ ISSUED.xls"
building file list ... rsync: link_stat "/var/affa/filshare/daily.4/home/e-smith                                             /files/ibays/mechfiles/files/Valve Control (Design Gr)/VALVE LIST FOR ISSUED.xls                                             " failed: No such file or directory (2)
done

sent 29 bytes  received 20 bytes  19.60 bytes/sec
total size is 0  speedup is 0.00
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(977) [sende                                             r=2.6.9]
·¨­­­°÷»the-heck«÷°¨·

Offline m

• +0/-0
  • Peet
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 08:02:32 AM »
My fault. The command in my first post was not correct. I have edited it. Please try it again.

Dealing with pathes that contain special characters is a little bit tricky with rsync. Source and destination path must be quoted. In the destination path blanks must be protected with two backslashes and brackets with a single backslash

Offline the-heck

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 08:08:33 AM »
This is the result.
[root@fileshare2 Valve Control (Design Gr)]# rsync -av "/var/affa/filshare/daily.4/home/e-smith/files/ibays/mechfiles/files/Valve Control (Design Gr)/VALVE LIST FOR ISSUED.xls" "192.168.1.7:/home/e-smith/files/ibays/mechfiles/files/Valve\\ Control\\ \(Design\\ Gr\)/VALVE\\ LIST\\ FOR\\ ISSUED.xls"
building file list ... rsync: link_stat "/var/affa/filshare/daily.4/home/e-smith/files/ibays/mechfiles/files/Valve Control (Design Gr)/VALVE LIST FOR ISSUED.xls" failed: No such file or directory (2)
done

sent 29 bytes  received 20 bytes  98.00 bytes/sec
total size is 0  speedup is 0.00
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(977) [sender=2.6.9]

Still having error.
I tried playing around the backslashes, but I really can't get it.  I really appreciate your help.
·¨­­­°÷»the-heck«÷°¨·

Offline m

• +0/-0
  • Peet
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 08:16:54 AM »
Is "fileshare2" your Affa server and "192.168.1.7" your production server?
Or in other words: Did you run the command on the Affa server?

Offline the-heck

• +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 08:24:33 AM »
Yes, I did ran the given code in Fileshare2. 
Fileshare2 is the Affa Server. 192.168.1.7 is the production server.
The root password for each server is different.  Is this related?  I have done a restore of a folder before and it smoothly restore everything.
This time, I really am at a dead end.   :sad:
·¨­­­°÷»the-heck«÷°¨·

Offline the-heck

• +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 08:42:29 AM »
I got it!!!  there is one letter "e" in filshare2, must be fileshare2, in the latest code you given that is missing.
You are so correct in backlashes and quotes!!
Thank you very very very much mweinber!

·¨­­­°÷»the-heck«÷°¨·

Offline m

• +0/-0
  • Peet
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 08:46:55 AM »
I got it!!!  there is one letter "e" in filshare2, must be fileshare2, in the latest code you given that is missing.
Ok. I have just copied the path from your initial post.

Offline m

• +0/-0
  • Peet
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 09:10:54 AM »