Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Offline pablitobs

• +0/-0
Lost connection to MySQL server during query
« on: March 18, 2008, 02:28:02 AM »
Hi guys, this is the story and how I've trying to fix it (with no success)

1. I have an intranet SME Server with this structure: Internet -> router -> smeserver
2. My SME Server is in server-only Mode.
3. My SME-Mysql Sever was set a month ago to work not only listening on local networks but the entire internet, for that  I opened on my router the port 3303 and redirect to the IP of my SME Server. It works fine for some weeks.

4.From my web site I connect to my SME-Mysql Sever to retrieve and insert some data.
5.since yesterday I got this error when I try to connect: "Lost connection to MySQL server during query".
5.1 I am not doing any query I just did a mysql_connection(server, login, password) but still I got the error.
6. I check, and re-check the logs and I found this: "A mysqld process already exists at  Thu Feb 21 16:46:13 JST 2008"

7. Then I whent to check the process with "ps -ef" and there was only 1 mysql process running, so for a quick test I shutdown that process with "service stop mysqld", and my local application crash, but from the web I still got the  "Lost connection to MySQL server during query", wich means there was no such as process already running at my sever.

8.Then I search in the forum and I found similar cases for people upgrading from SME 5,6 to 7, but it was no my case as I was running 7.3 from the start of my installation, and my SME-Mysql server was working fine for at least one month, and I was able to connect from the web to my local sever.

9. Also as some one sugest I should increase the size of the mysql stack to 1 MB. didnt work.

10.some people suggest to update the glibc or some kind of library to the 7.3 version. That does not apply to my case as I was running already the 7.3 with all the updates.

11. Now I dont have a clue of what to do.

I will appreciate your advices on this matter..