Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

SME 7.3 Updates

Offline mudra

• +0/-0
Re: SME 7.3 Updates
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 10:28:58 PM »
Thanks for the warning. I guess I was too keen to sort this problem out. When I saw the link in the WIKI I assumed that this would turn my non-UTF8 contribs into UTF-8 contribs.

I will bide my time and wait for updates to my contribs.

Thanks for the advice.

Mudra

Offline paul_NZ

• +0/-0
    • http://www.csssnz.com
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 10:30:22 PM »
That is a hard thing to say unfortunately. The encoding type is not listed in the locale files. Did you already do the update against SME Contribs to drag in all correctly encoded contribs available? It should fix some (maybe all if you have only some common contribs (like from dungogs free repository)

dungogs repository is active on my system so this should be ok as dungogs contribs are pretty reliable ... DAR2 is from D May and again I would think ok but I am wondering if this could be at fault.

This is a production server and I'm quite concerned with this problem and do need to be supported thru a fix.

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 10:31:30 PM »
I will bide my time and wait for updates to my contribs.
Some of them might already be UTF-8 ready. Did you already update against the SME Contribs repository?

You can do so on SME Server Shell as root user using the following command:
Code: [Select]
yum update --enablerepo=smecontribs
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 10:36:32 PM »
dungogs repository is active on my system so this should be ok as dungogs contribs are pretty reliable
All contribs from it's free repositories have moved to the SME Contribs repository, so one thing is to update against that repository (see instructions just above this post). It should fix most off the dungog contribs, do not know if contribs in his other repository are updated as well.

... DAR2 is from D May and again I would think ok but I am wondering if this could be at fault.
I guess Darell will release an update pretty soon as he is almost always on the ball as well, although he perhaps should consider moving to SME Contribs CVS (and SME Contribs repository), but that is something different for now.

This is a production server and I'm quite concerned with this problem and do need to be supported thru a fix.
The best bet for that is to add you e-mail adress to the CC filed of the bug tracking it (it might require that you register to the bug tracker if you not have done so already) and watch this section of the wiki Translation page.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 10:39:13 PM by cactus »
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline paul_NZ

• +0/-0
    • http://www.csssnz.com
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 10:55:35 PM »
Thanks Cactus ... indirectly, you have helped me heaps, I uninstalled smeserver-dar2 snd now I'm back to normal but in need of a good backup solution ... do you have a recommendation for a now working script?

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2008, 11:02:07 PM »
Thanks Cactus ... indirectly, you have helped me heaps, I uninstalled smeserver-dar2 snd now I'm back to normal but in need of a good backup solution ... do you have a recommendation for a now working script?
If I were you I would try and contact Darell and request an update, I think his contrib is quite good and deserves continuation.

I guess you should leave the panel installed as I do not think the backup job will not be running (which is what it is installed for off course), as this is not initiated by the server-manager panel. Configuration is probably also possible using the SME Server shell, although a lot harder and error prone.

Offline HACKERSOFT

• +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2008, 04:08:04 AM »
I also have the same issue after updating.
Contribs installed:

1. dar2
2. remoteuseraccess
3. diskusage

Any fix so far?

Offline Normando

• +2/-1
    • Unixlan
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2008, 05:45:47 AM »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 05:47:58 AM by Normando »

Offline HACKERSOFT

• +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2008, 06:36:04 AM »
I've done the quick fix and found out the following to be tagged as not updated:
1. dar2 (already listed in the wiki)
2. remoteuseraccess (not yet listed)
3. userpanel-sshkeys (not yet listed)

I'm now waiting for the updated version.... geeee!

Thanks!

Offline Normando

• +2/-1
    • Unixlan
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2008, 06:46:05 AM »
I've done the quick fix and found out the following to be tagged as not updated:
1. dar2 (already listed in the wiki)
2. remoteuseraccess (not yet listed)
3. userpanel-sshkeys (not yet listed)

I'm now waiting for the updated version.... geeee!

Thanks!

remoteuseraccess and userpanel-sshkeys are updated, unless you have an old version. Please, update your contribs like Cactus show above:
yum update --enablerepo=smecontribs

Offline HACKERSOFT

• +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2008, 06:56:56 AM »
then that leaves dar2 then... thanks again!

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2008, 09:05:10 AM »
then that leaves dar2 then... thanks again!
smeserver-dar2 should also be available. I just updated it.

Offline Helgo

• +0/-0
    • home website
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2008, 11:44:13 AM »
Hmmm. another problem,

Package smeserver-dar2.noarch 0:0.0.1-5.el4.sme set to be updated
---> Package smeserver-vacation.noarch 0:1.0-21.el4.sme set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libart_lgpl_2.so.2 for package: rrdtool
--> Processing Dependency: fping for package: smeserver-sysmon
--> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package fping.i386 0:2.4-1.b2.2.el4.rf set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libart_lgpl_2.so.2 is needed by package rrdtool

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2008, 12:39:49 PM »
Hmmm. another problem,

Package smeserver-dar2.noarch 0:0.0.1-5.el4.sme set to be updated
---> Package smeserver-vacation.noarch 0:1.0-21.el4.sme set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: fping for package: smeserver-sysmon
--> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package fping.i386 0:2.4-1.b2.2.el4.rf set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libart_lgpl_2.so.2 is needed by package rrdtool

I suspect you have other packages installed that might require a different version of rrdtool or you installed rrdtool from somewhere else. Please post the output of this commands:
rpm -q --whatrequires rrdtool
rpm -qi rrdtool
It could also be that you do not have al required repositories enabled, I think you might be missing either CentOS - base or CentOS - updates. Please see what the output is of the following commands as well:
db yum_repositories show base
db yum_repositories show updates

Offline HACKERSOFT

• +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 01:04:01 PM »
smeserver-dar2 should also be available. I just updated it.
Well that solves everything for me now! That was a relief!  8-)

Thanks!