Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

SOLVED! Kronolith: anyone knows how to change default calendar?

Offline ruipedroca

• +0/-0
Hi,

Can anyone point me the way how to change users default calendar?
I've already played around with the administration backend.
I've read in several places i must edit prefs.php with vi in horde/kronotith directory, but when i opened both kronolith and hord prefs.php, in the opening comments says that "the manual changes will be lost when this file is regenerated".
Also, there's another line below saying i need to delete any horde_prefs in the preferences database.

I feel like i need some advice.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. - here is what i'm trying to accomplish:

In each branch office i need one calendar:
-group 1: read, edit, delete (branch workers)
-group 2: read only (branch supervisors)
-group 3: no access (other branch workers)

I need this for several branch offices, so i think:
1- i must create an email for each branch office just so that it's calendar gets created
2- i must add users to the brach office group
3- i must be able to delete each user default calendar and set it to his branch office
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 01:23:25 AM by ruipedroca »
Live and let die

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
Re: Kronolith: anyone knows how to change default calendar?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 02:38:46 PM »
I've read in several places i must edit prefs.php with vi in horde/kronotith directory, but when i opened both kronolith and hord prefs.php, in the opening comments says that "the manual changes will be lost when this file is regenerated".

I cannot help you to configure prefs.php, but I suggest to:
- read the dev manual to understand sme's templatization
- look into /etc/e-smith/templates/home/httpd/html/horde/kronotith/config/

HTH
Ciao
Stefano

Offline ruipedroca

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 02:48:02 PM »
Hi, nenonano!

I'll follow your advices!

Thanks for your reply!
Live and let die

Offline byte

• +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 07:16:14 PM »
Moving this topic to the SME 7.x contribs forum, it is more appropriate there. Thanks!
--[byte]--

Have you filled in a Bug Report over @ http://bugs.contribs.org ? Please don't wait to be told this way you help us to help you/others - Thanks!

Offline ruipedroca

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 02:20:03 AM »
Hi,

Just to reporte that i wasn't able to succeed.
I've read all the SME Server and Horde/Kronolith documentation i could find, opened al the template files in all the relevante trees and googled a lot.
I've almost seen the light at the end of the tunnel several times, but the solutions presented were always a litle bit different from what i need.
My php knowledge is almost inexistent, which also doesn't help.

If someone knows exactly how to do this, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Live and let die

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 05:09:35 AM »
You have a little work to do and I don't have a free test server at the moment to guide you all the way.  You will need to make sure you have done this:
Code: [Select]
config setprop horde Administration enabled
signal-event email-update

Next login to horde as admin, then choose administration, groups, click on the person icon at the right to add a new group.  Give it a name, then you must manually enter each user that is a member of that group in the format of user@domain.com.  No, you can not re-use users from a previous group.  You must do the manual user entry for each group.  Make sure to add admin to each group, as users are only able to see groups that they are a member of.  Once you have your groups made, goto Calendar, my calendars, create a calender, then edit it and choose your group and give it the permissions you want.  Have a user login and they should not have access to that particular shared calender with the permissions you gave them.  All users will have a default calendar and this shared calendar.  Users can change their default calendars by logging into webmail and changing the appropriate options.

It's a pain, I know, and may get better once/if/when SME switches to LDAP authentication and horde takes advantage of being able to look at ldap users and groups.  I don't know that it will for certain, but some reading I did a while back, makes me think that it will.

Your other option is to create the calendar, then edit the permissions and add the appropriate perms on a per user basis.

Good Luck and report back whether this worked for you or not.  Like I said, I don't have a test server free at the moment to guide you, but I have done this in the past and it worked in my testing.

John Bennett

Offline ruipedroca

• +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 06:21:03 PM »
Hi, John!

Thank you very much for your indications!
I'll try them and will report back!

Best regards!
Live and let die

Offline ruipedroca

• +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 12:41:05 AM »
Hi, John!

I've followed your indications with success!

I was able to do everything via the GUI's: the GUI in the Horde Administration and with my email/calendar/notes/.../tasks account.
First, i've created all the group calendars/note books and task lists i needed.
Second, i assigned the individual permissions for each user. This was all very easy and clear.
Third, i defined the individual options for each of the users, login in using their accounts, regarding not only kronolith but also turba, imp, nag, mnemo and horde. This way i was able to do what i first wanted, define the default calendar for each user!
Finally, i hided the "options" link, again using the Horde Administration GUI, so that users couldn't change their options.

That's all i needed to accomplish!

There's only two small things i wasn't able to do, which aren't a must:
1-not allowing users to use their native calendar/note book and task lists
2-not allowing users to create new calendars/note books and task lists
But i'm sure this can be accomplished using the templates as stated in the beggining of this post.

I did all of this using the free VMWare server and a SME Server 7.3 cd: i've created a virtual appliance using the SME Server 7.3 install cd.
This was very helpful because it allowed me to make several copies of the initial instalation just by copy/paste the initial folder, so that when i made a mistake i could start all over again just initiating one of the copies i'd made.

Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction!

Best regards!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 01:22:45 AM by ruipedroca »
Live and let die

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 11:04:53 AM »
I did all of this using the free VMWare server and a SME Server 7.3 cd: i've created a virtual appliance using the SME Server 7.3 install cd.
This was very helpful because it allowed me to make several copies of the initial instalation just by copy/paste the initial folder, so that when i made a mistake i could start all over again just initiating one of the copies i'd made.
A tip for the future, VMWare has a snapshot function which does (more or less) the same for you without copying all data, it creates a sort of restore point to which you can return with a few mouse clicks: http://www.petri.co.il/virtual_vmware_snapshot.htm
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline ruipedroca

• +0/-0
Re: SOLVED! Kronolith: anyone knows how to change default calendar?
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 05:48:48 PM »
Hi, cactus!

Thanks for the tip!
I've already read something about the vmware snapshot function, but never took it seriously.
Now, i'm going to look at it more seriously!

Best regards!
Live and let die