Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Backup with Dar Selective File Restore Problems (Solved)

Offline sal1504

• +0/-0
Backup with Dar Selective File Restore Problems (Solved)
« on: June 06, 2008, 09:43:09 PM »
Have been using Backup with Dar contrib without problems for several months. Today I upgraded to the these latest versions

http://smemirror.fullnet.co.uk/releases/7/smetest/i386/RPMS/e-smith-backup-1.15.0-17.el4.sme.noarch.rpm and
http://smemirror.fullnet.co.uk/releases/7/smetest/i386/RPMS/e-smith-formmagick-1.4.0-13.el4.sme.noarch.rpm

After upgrading I get the following message when I try to do a selective file restore:

Aborting program. User refused to continue while asking: /mnt/smb/XXX.XXXX.org/test/2007.1.dar is required for further operation, please provide the file.

There is not a "2007.1.dar". There is a "2007.0415.1.dar" which I believe is the file it is looking for.

What is the best way to fix this problem?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 12:05:22 AM by sal1504 »

Offline janet

• +0/-0
Re: Backup with Dar Selective File Restore Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 11:13:13 PM »
sal1504

What is the best way to fix this problem?

Search bugzilla for similar reports, and if none, then lodge a new bug report yourself.
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline jpl

• +0/-0
Re: Backup with Dar Selective File Restore Problems
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 05:53:45 PM »
Maybe the backup was not made with workstation backup provided by e-smith-backup package...

Offline sal1504

• +0/-0
Re: Backup with Dar Selective File Restore Problems (SOLVED)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 12:00:37 AM »
Figured out the problem. Ashamed to say "End Loser Error"

DAR2 was previously installed and running a backup as well as e-smith-backup. Apparently with the older version of e-smith-backup I could run a backup from DAR2 and from e-smith-backup without conflicts. (I didn't really realize I was running two different backups).  To fix the problem I had to

1 - remove all backup jobs from DAR2
2 - remove the backup ibays on the remote SMEServer that I was using for storing the backups
3 - Rebuild the backup ibays on the remote SMEServer
4 - Rebuild the e-smith-backup configuration and restart the jobs

Everything is now running fine and selective backup works great. Sorry about the wasted space!

Sal