Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

You have received an invalid certificate.

Offline pssl

• +0/-0
You have received an invalid certificate.
« on: September 06, 2008, 07:54:38 PM »
Hi.

RE: SME Server 6.5

When i try to login to the server manager webpage using Firefox i get the following message:

"You have received an invalid certificate.  Please contact the server administrator...[with]...the following information.

Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate issued by the certificate authority.  Please get a new certificate with a unique serial number."

IE issues a warning and lets me load the page anyway, which is a good thing otherwise I wouldn't be able to access the manager.

I'm sure sometime in the past I saw an article on how to fix this but I cannot seem to find it.  I scanned the forums for certificate issues and looked at How To which has 2 things on creating certificates but I wasn't sure if that's what I need.

Hope someone can help with this annoyance.

BTW: Pls don't tell me to upgrade to 7.0; the hardware I'm using doesn't seem to be able to run 7.0.  The guy who set up the server for me said he put in a bug report but I never heard if it had been fixed.  I looked for the bug report but couldn't find it.  Maybe he never got around to it.

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
Re: You have received an invalid certificate.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 08:10:32 PM »
You most likely accepted the certificate once and now it is modified (as it regenerates from time to time), simply remove the certificate from your trusted root, unfortunately I do not know the FF commands or menus for that, after that you should be able to accept the new certificate and access your server again using FF.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline pssl

• +0/-0
Re: You have received an invalid certificate.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 09:09:48 PM »
Cactus,

Thanks.  I'll give it a try.

Followup:  Cactus.  Problem fixed once I deleted the certificate.  I thought it was a problem with SME Server, which is why I came here.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:16:52 PM by pssl »