Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Clamav questions??

Offline steve288

• +0/-0
Clamav questions??
« on: October 31, 2008, 03:07:51 PM »

Base on
http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=40963.0

There seems to be a new version of clam out. However I cant see in the post, where to get this update or how to update it. Can someone point me to the place where this is.

Secondly how can I see what version of clamav i have.
When I type the following command I get the following output.

/root/qmHandle #rpm -qa |egrep clam
clamav-es-0.94-es01
clamav-es-libs-0.94-es01
/root/qmHandle #

Does this mean I have 0.93 (and in fact have installed 0.94 somehow) BTW I thought that es meant spanish. But Im english?

Finally,

I have 6.0 (thus Im in this group) I have the add on panel "Antivirus" It has an option that is :
Would you like the Antivirus Scanner to generate a daily report and send it to the admin account?. Yes/No

In the past it use to email me giving me a list of all the emails that it had caught. Now its just sending out blank emails. Does anyone know how I can fix this so it will start again. I tryed stopping and staring clamav, I tried turning the report off then on but no luck.

Anyone have any answers ?

Regards

Offline janet

• +0/-0
Re: Clamav questions??
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 01:29:02 AM »
steve288

Does anyone know how I can fix this....

You obviously have a sme6.x server exposed to the Internet, therefore you have an insecure server.
Many security bug fixes have been applied to sme since then.
Please update immediately to sme7.3, and you will have a secure server as well as a much better server in regards to email & spam filtering etc.

Please read the upgrade notes (see FAQ & forum posts) and be aware of the gotchas before upgrading.
In particular uninstall all incompatible contribs and custom templates and user custom templates. It's all in the FAQ.
There is a technique to restore from one of your existing mounted drives (sme6 to a new install of sme7), that can save a lot of time doing backups, and still retain everything on the original disk, just in case.

sme7 is so much better in many many respects, and it is secure and being updated regularly.
There is no more support for or upgrades being released for sme 6.
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline Knuddi

• +0/-0
    • http://www.scanmailx.com
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 10:11:26 AM »
I have maintained ClamAV for several years and have some months ago released 0.94 as the last version ever for SME 6.x. You system has properly been configured, like so many others, to automatically update when new version have been available.

As "mary" suggests, please update to SME 7.x which is stable, secure and in many way much better then SME 6.x

Rgds,
Jesper

Offline steve288

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 02:26:32 PM »
Thank you for the info.

Regards