Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Selective restore issue

Offline Blessced

• +0/-0
Selective restore issue
« on: August 02, 2009, 07:01:59 PM »
I've looked around but have yet to get a direct answer to this question.  I am working with a fully updated 7.4 package and within accessing selective restore from server manager, I get

"FATAL error, aborting operation Cannot create database /mnt/smb/*******/dar-catalog : Permission denied"
(stars are my domain)

What does this indicate and how may I gain access to the backups I have on a workstation. I can verify the backups within the same panel yet a selective restore is not available.. Thanks in advance for the assistance....

Offline jpl

• +0/-0
Re: Selective restore issue
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 07:33:48 PM »
When you select a backup for selective restore, dar creates a catalog of all available files saved in the backups stored on the workstation share. This catalog is saved in the file /mnt/smb/******/dar-catalog (which is the shared workstation directory mounted as /mnt/smb on the SME server).

The error you got indicates that you have no write permission on the workstation share.

Verify your backup to workstation configuration.

Offline Blessced

• +0/-0
Re: Selective restore issue
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 11:57:42 PM »
Thank you JPL.. It was just that.. Something quirky occurred requiring me to re-register my backup cpu to the domain.. Once done Voila as you wrote.. Much appreciated!!