Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

SME Server with Windows 7 permission issue

Offline janet

• +0/-0
Re: SME Server with Windows 7 permission issue
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 04:24:15 AM »
vaf

I have had the iBays setup as you have stated from inception

Then you should be reporting the problem in bugzilla as clearly something is not right, and it is now a bug rather than something to discuss in the forums.
This may be a support forum but it is not the bug resolving method used at contribs.org by preference.
Goodbye.
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline SchulzStefan

• +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 09:50:17 PM »
    @vaf

Again, I do not see how:is a suggestion that is helpful to this thread, and anything other than a "Gold Supporter" being an ass.

Hmm, not quite sure what you want to point out with that statement? Could you make this clear for me?

mary and Stafano, I can't stress enough a couple of lessons I have learnt over my time

• If you haven't got something nice to say then don't say anything at all.

Either Mary nor Stephano haven't been unpolite to you. As you said, you managed other Linux OSs before. (Btw, are you a network admin, or did you manage a workstation?) And - what did you expect? What is in your opinion the "nice way"?

• No one likes being told they are lazy or an idiot, and never assume that they are either other these things

Again, no one told you that you are lazy or an idiot. The advice was, to investigate your own time in things that are already documented. Or to open a bug.

Think about these points before you critcise me, or any other person trying to use these forums for their intended purpose.

As you are the one who needs advice, you should be the one with patience and politeness. As you remarked:

No, this is a support forum, and yes it is free. I am using this site for it's intended purpose, whilst you bignote yourself by putting less experienced users down.

So, imho you are the one, who should treat those ones, who answers on your questions, with respect.

Goodbye
stefan

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.

Time, 1973
(Mason, Waters, Wright, Gilmour)

Offline robwellesley

• +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 06:54:19 AM »
VAF

If you have setup your users, groups and ibays as Mary has indicated, please raise a bug.

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 09:08:38 PM »
If you have setup your users, groups and ibays as Mary has indicated, please raise a bug.
And post back a reference to the bug in this thread for future readers. Thanks in advance.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)