Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

TP Link TG-3468 PCI Express Gigabit Adapter

Offline mike_mattos

• +0/-0
TP Link TG-3468 PCI Express Gigabit Adapter
« on: June 10, 2010, 04:12:58 PM »
I've tried a couple of these adapters and both had performance issues, or intermittent operation.   The regular PCI adapter seems to be fine.  Anyone have any ideas if the Express is enough better to deserve investigation?   

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
Re: TP Link TG-3468 PCI Express Gigabit Adapter
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 05:29:04 PM »
I've tried a couple of these adapters and both had performance issues, or intermittent operation.

Please report all such issues via the bug tracker. Thanks.

Offline mike_mattos

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 05:51:08 PM »
I suspect it is one of those 'not supported in this version' things, I just want to know if PCI Express gigabit cards perform better than PCI, ( The regular PCI card worked fine) and if so, is any PCIx model recommended with SME7.5?

Th TP gigabit cards detected and appeared to work, but seem to be unstable, slower than a 100M card.   I don't think the SME development team should waste time on it.   

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 06:10:21 PM »
Th TP gigabit cards detected and appeared to work, but seem to be unstable, slower than a 100M card.   I don't think the SME development team should waste time on it.

SME development team can make up their own mind about such things. Please report anything which doesn't "just work".