Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[SAIL] Setting different DID on outbound calls on same trunk

guest22

Hi,

I've got a trunk with several DID's on their. 1 is the main DID defined in the trunk, the rest are DID classes.

Is there a way to add routes on the trunk and set the DID on outbound calls based on the dial pattern please?

I've noticed that the primary path on a route can not be set to a DID class.

Regards,

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
Re: [SAIL] Setting different DID on outbound calls on same trunk
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 01:57:55 PM »
s there a way to add routes on the trunk and set the DID on outbound calls based on the dial pattern please?

I've noticed that the primary path on a route can not be set to a DID class.

DiDs are purely logical contructs; they really only exist to route inbound calls based upon the DNID (Dialed number).  Technically, they aren't really trunks at all (in the sense that Asterisk defines a trunk), which is why you can't select a DiD in a route.  The only way you can set a CLI for a DiD is in an extension.  There is a CLID field you can fill out and that will be loaded into either in the SIP header or the ISDN CLIP when the extension makes an external call.  This is usually sufficient because individual extensions are often associated with individual DDIs.

Kind Regards

S

guest22

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 02:04:50 PM »
Hi,

understood, but in the scenario where the same extension is dialing different countries, I would like to use the correct DID from the trunk automatically.

Regards,

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 03:33:18 PM »
Can't be done in the current implementation I'm afraid. 

Kind Regards

S

Offline gippsweb

• +0/-0
    • Wots I.T.?
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 04:24:21 AM »
If you are running a ip handset of some sort. Would you not be able to set each line as a seperate extension, then add the CID you want to each ext.

A dirty way around it, but might solve your problem....

Offline bbialy

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 02:01:29 PM »
As i uderstand correctly. You want to have differend caller id (on differend) dierctions -countries
so there are few ways to do it.
First you can try to create many trunks on the same registration data. And set differend clid on each then you can choose proper trunk in routes panel Sometimes it work if your provider doesn't have registration restrictions

second. Prepare custom app which will set proper caller id and then dial out. Disadvantage of this secanario is that you bypass SELINTRA agi.

I've got other ideas but i need some more details.

Btw
DiD or DDI (direct inward dialing or direct dial in) is connected to inbound calls only. Outgoing traffic you need trunk (sip, analog, isdn, or iax) an set proper callerid during setting up the connection
Reading with understanding is the hardest thing IN THE WORLD