Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

3.1.0 and Asterisk 1.6

Offline groutley

• +0/-0
    • http://www.routley.homeip.net
Re: 3.1.0 and Asterisk 1.6
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 09:07:52 PM »
Hi S,
I had tried defining the 'peer1234' name to the spa3102 for it to register with.
But that resulted in a different failure message!
I do like the sound of .92 as I really was not enjoying the meaningless allocated peer names
Constant cross referencing what appeared in the log with a sip show peers output.

Oddly, while you suggest you may have misled me re registration
Late last night ( early this AM) the SPA trunk started passing the incoming call thru!
And the spa still says registration failed for the PSTN
The only thing I believe I changed was the destination ext for the trunk, from a group to a specific ext!

Also you state this can be see in the  sip.conf which I don't think is correct,
Seems that sail does not use sip.conf as such and it uses sark-sip-general.conf and 3 other 'sark' files instead, this had me confused for a while yesterday as my sip.conf was basically empty which made no sense at all.
With the VSP trunks, I am sure when I first loaded up this 'test' server a couple of months back, these trunks worked fine, now with the same definitions they don't!
In my reading yesterday. I did find a whirlpool forum topic which described a similar behaviour using asterisk 1.6 which after a complete reload worked fine again.
I am starting to think a lot of my issues here is 1.6 flakiness and not me being a complete .....

As Charlie has given me hope for recovering my 7.5.1 sme server, I am going to leave this sleeping beast alone for now, as my prime PSTN trunk now is working for inbound calls and outbound works on the VoIP trunks.
If I need to work on this sme8 beastie again I will begin with the clean install of your supplied iso
As there really is nothing on this sme8 server that I want to backup!