Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Howto install KnowledgeTree on SME8b6 - Help needed

Offline fpausp

• +0/-0
Re: Howto install KnowledgeTree on SME8b6 - Help needed
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2010, 02:23:26 PM »
I think this is not the best solution, although it allows for a quick and easy installation it also does not show the user what it does or where it might go wrong. I agree with Stefano that a instruction in the wiki is preferable, IMHO even as a step by step instruction.
When all problems are solved i will create a step by step instruction for the wiki, the script should just save time.

I think the permissions for the configuration files and /opt/knowledgeTree/var can be more restrictive ...
I have to work them out ... Maybe someone can help me ?

I also wonder why you are creating a separate user for your script with such broad permissions ...
Thats because I dont know the mysql-root password for the setup-wizzard. The user temp should be deleted after the db and dbuser is created as described in the script.

Viribus unitis

Offline fpausp

• +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2010, 09:51:40 AM »
Hi,

Ok I think I am ready to start writing the KnowledgeTree-Howto on the Wiki. I tried to login but my username/password is not working, is there a special way/mailaddress to solve that because I am already in the Wiki/Docs Group ?
Viribus unitis

Offline fpausp

• +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2010, 07:13:42 PM »
I wrote a draft-howto in raw format and put it to:

http://www.netztechnik.at/download/sme8/howto/knowledgeTree/howto-knowledgeTree.txt

This should work until I am able to login to the sme-wiki.

Best
Viribus unitis

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 04:13:21 PM »
I have to work them out ... Maybe someone can help me ?
I already suggested them to you, normally 755 would do, but perhaps even more restrictive (644) does also work.
Thats because I dont know the mysql-root password for the setup-wizzard.
You don´t need to the password is automatically supplied by some magix on SME Server when logged in as root.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline fpausp

• +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 05:44:01 PM »
I already suggested them to you, normally 755 would do, but perhaps even more restrictive (644) does also work.
Have you red my howto - 26122010 ?

You don´t need to the password is automatically supplied by some magix on SME Server when logged in as root.
Have you tried the Installation Wizzard ?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 05:48:45 PM by fpausp »
Viribus unitis

Offline fpausp

• +0/-0