Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

zarafa - z-push - wm6.1

Offline SchulzStefan

• +0/-0
zarafa - z-push - wm6.1
« on: April 10, 2011, 08:32:47 PM »
Hello all,

is anybody out there running an SME 7.5.1 (up-to-date) with zarafa, z-push and a WM6.1 ota (over-the-air) sync? Would be nice to hear, that it's possible (and if so, how it's possible) to set up.

thx in advance,
stefan
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.

Time, 1973
(Mason, Waters, Wright, Gilmour)

Offline crazybob

• +0/-0
    • Stalzer R&D
Re: zarafa - z-push - wm6.1
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 12:04:04 AM »
I have  server running zarafa and z-push, but we are using android with touchdown. The only issues I had was with webaccess. I had to back off php5 to php5.2, and add change some of the mapi files. Check this link for the mapi stuff http://forums.contribs.org/index.php/topic,47101.msg233658.html#msg233658

Bob
If you think you know whats going on, you obviously have no idea whats going on!

Offline axessit

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 06:31:42 AM »
I have a server with Zarafa 6,40,0,20419, SME7.4 and have just configured the Z-push as per
http://wiki.contribs.org/Zarafa#Mobile_synchronisation. Worked striaght out of the box for Nokia symbian with MS Exchange client app and iPhone4. No issues with webaccess.

Offline SchulzStefan

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 12:13:25 PM »
thx everybody for the hints.

I'm still stuck with my WM6.1 and the question, how to manage the request of activesync depending on a self-issued-certificate. I used PHPki for generating certificates. No chance so far. I get always the MS support code 0x80072F17. Well, does anybody know how to set up a self-signed-certificate with PHPki that is known to work with activsync?

Thank's for any reply.
stefan

Time, 1973

Offline crazybob

• +0/-0
    • Stalzer R&D
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 12:45:23 PM »
If you think you know whats going on, you obviously have no idea whats going on!

Offline SchulzStefan

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 01:21:53 PM »
I'd seen this already. There are a lot of more hacks in xda-developers... But that's not the problem. I am able to install a self-signed certificate on my HTC 8220. My intention is *NOT* to disable or manipulate the auth-function for activesync in my mobile. I would just like to have a self-signed-cert on my mobile, that does work. That's all... Hmm, seems difficult.

Time, 1973

Offline SchulzStefan

• +0/-0
* SOLVED * Re: zarafa - z-push - wm6.1
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 04:18:44 PM »
I think, I got the solution.

Thanks to this How-To http://wiki.contribs.org/Certificates_signed_by_own_CA, that pointed me in the direction I was looking for.

Here's the situation: Winmobile 6.1 (maybe also later versions) requires for activesync a trusted certificate. I have no fix IP for my company server, my webpage is hosted by an ISP. For emails, contacts, calendar and tasks I use zarafa 7.0.1-28479 with z-push 1.5.5-790. It's easy to get access to the server from outside with a DynDns account. It's much more harder to get this stuff synced on a mobile phone running winmobile 6.1 OS. Here are the steps, that worked for me:

1. Follow the How-To exactly.

2. By editing the openssl.cnf, you have to put the correct values in:

# START EDITING HERE ------------------------------------------------------------
# Default values for the above
0.organizationName_default              = XYZ Corporation
organizationalUnitName_default          = IT Department
localityName_default                    = My City
stateOrProvinceName_default             = My State
countryName_default                     = DE
commonName_default                      = YOUR_NAME.dyndns.org Root CA
emailAddress_default                    = support@YOUR_NAME.dyndns.org
# STOP EDITING HERE ------------------------------------------------------------

./make_root_cert.sh YOUR_NAME.dyndns.org

./make_cert_request.sh FQHN

Common Name (hostname, IP, or your name) [FQHN]:YOUR_NAME.dyndns.org  <--- You have to overwrite the default

./make_cert.sh FQHN YOUR_NAME.dyndns.org

6. Follow the How-To

7. convert the ca for your mobile

openssl x509 -in YOUR_NAME.dyndns.org_ca_cert.crt -inform PEM -out YOUR_NAME.dyndns.org_ca_cert.cer -outform DER

8. Transfer the converted cert on your mobile and install it.

9. Configure your mobile for activesync. Use as email-adress any zarafa-user@YOUR_NAME.dyndns.org. Use as server-adress YOUR_NAME.dyndns.org. Enter user and password. Use as domain the main domain of your server.

10. Check with tail -f /var/log/httpd/access_log if the device connects to z-push.

It worked for me, maybe it'll help some other people.

stefan
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:45:49 PM by SchulzStefan »

Time, 1973