Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Email configuration

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
Re: Email configuration
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 02:23:55 PM »
...and you will find that setting in the server manager Email panel, ie the smtp server of your ISP

As lukaszk should know, by reading the SME Server Documentation, but following the "MANUAL" link.

Offline lukaszk

• +0/-0
Re: Email configuration
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2012, 05:22:57 PM »
lukaszk

It could be both depending how your router is configured, but Charlie was referring to your ISP filtering the service it provides you ie to stop servers using port 25 directly.
As said it refers to your ISP, so ask your ISP if they block port 25.

Thank you for your post!
In fact, my ISP is blocked port 25. However, in internet I have read that in neostrada (noestrada it's a name of my ISP's internet service) there is a possibility to configure modem conection in a way that port 25 is not blocked. (it has to add in login NON_SECURE). It's works. Sending mails started to work well. However sometimes there is a problem that client smpt server is going to connect with my smtp server but in respond it obtains that I sent spam and smpt server refuse to take my emails. Any suggestions how to avoid this problem are welcome...

lukaszk
You can try adding the ISP's smtp server into the Email panel in server manager eg smtp.yourisp.com, or similar, ask them. This causes sme server to send mail via the ISP's mail server, rather than directly to other mail servers via port 25.
I suggest you try this to see if it resolves your sending problem.

I used this NON_SECURE connection becouse is extremly difficult to get smpt server login and password from my ISP. So I don't know what I have to put in my server manager. I'm still trying to get that login and password...
I tried to use gmail smtp server, but it is not working well. In qmail log I found that, gmail smtp server is not acepting massage with diffrent email in header.