Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Shoutcast running on SME 8

Offline shout

• +0/-0
Shoutcast running on SME 8
« on: February 19, 2013, 03:21:51 PM »
Anybody have Shoutcast DNAS latest version running on SME 8.0? If you do, could you please tell me how you did it?

Thank you
Shout

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
Re: Shoutcast running on SME 8
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 03:35:55 PM »
hi, welcome here

please use the Search function (menu above) with "shoutcast" key; you'll find many results.. you can start from them..

Offline shout

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 04:44:51 PM »
Yah, I asked because I did a search and found all OLD information about OLD versions of Shoutcast used with OLD versions of SME server.

Why do you think I asked the question?

You are a serious waste of my time reading a canned answer to a valid question.

I thought this was a grownup and professional forum and not a playground. People have asked if I would recommend this server software and after reading this non-professional comment - I would have to say NO.

Give me something to work with and not OLD canned comments. If you are too lazy to help, please do not waste my time or my staffs time.

No this isn't a bug and it does need to be reported in the bug tracker.

YES, I have searched and have NOT found a up-to-date howto or yum rpm install for shoutcast DNAS version 2.0

Shout

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 08:52:31 PM »
shout

please re-read your first post and tell us where did you say you already searched the forums

please tell us also where, in the same post, you tell us you already tried to install "Shoutcast DNAS latest version" on SME and you report us the issues you had.

please remember to add also info about "Shoutcast DNAS latest version" because I don't know anything about it

I (strongly) suggest you to change your attitude and read this page too..

since this is not an helpdesk everybody is free to answer you for free.. if you really want a fast and professional support, please pay someone (you can also contact me offline)

finally, if you really think you'd not suggest/recommend SME from a single answer to your (incomplete) post, you are wrong, not us (me)

Offline newburns

• +0/-0
  • A good plumber, noob developer
    • Mt. Rose MEdia
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 06:27:18 AM »
I will run it on VM and see if I can get it to work this week. Any reason for wanting SHOUTcast in particular?
SME 8.0
Quad 6600
8gb DDR2 800
8 TB RAID 5
Dual Gigabit NIC
I Still Don't KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. Please, don't assume I know anything about Linux or Centos, I just know hardware