Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

programs and routines that you might find useful

Offline purvis

• +0/-0
programs and routines that you might find useful
« on: March 12, 2013, 09:22:16 PM »
I have written some programs and scripts somebody might find useful.
I am giving back the best way I can. My bandwidth is limited.
Please do not repost  the link on the internet.
I will add other utilities as I go with the source code.
We will see how things go. If I find the link on the internet, I will likely turn on and off the webpage access from time to time.
financeinla  is the domain.
And it is a dot com site
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:28:09 PM by purvis »

Offline purvis

• +0/-0
Re: programs and routines that you might find useful
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 09:23:40 PM »
freebies is sub name of the url to the above.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:27:36 PM by purvis »

Offline purvis

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 09:27:16 PM »
The source of the the programs is there. Although you likely do not need it.
You can find all the source to these files at the makers to the compilers forum.

I use the program internet.exe there to ping a single or multiple locations.
Just enter the windows 32bit program exe name to get details on how to run the programs.

Offline purvis

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 11:43:40 PM »
The pop3deljunk program will delete what i call junk. May not be junk to other people.
It is hard coded and the compiler to compile is not expensive.  I did not have the time to code the program to get a list of what i call junk from a ini file.
And i did not want to get it what i called junk from a command line option either and do a match on the subject line and delete emails unintentional.
So it is hard coded.

Most all the pop3 programs so far i have written can have redirection applied on the command tail to basically create a log file or output easier to read
from a file.
 I included clipscr2, textv and paper,  programs to work with text and/or the clipboard.
Clipscr2 has one issue, it keeps a file open after it reads it, if you open a file from the command tail with it. That program was not designed to open files from the initial thought process.

The pop3delspam program looks for the exact word '[SPAM]]' in the subject line. If you do not like that and you do not want to recompile the program.
You can edit the exe file and replace those characters using only uppercase alpha characters. The program will uppercase the whole subject line in the email before making a search to match on.  I like the [SPAM] word we placed in the server-manager panel to be placed on inside the subject line of an email that is suspected of being spam.
We do this to allow the maillog program to keep those emails marked as spam in the case we need to retrieve the email. We purge the spammed marked emails from the maillog email account periodically.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:57:41 PM by purvis »