Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Invisible user account prevents account and/or pseudonym creation of same name

Offline gwbohn

• +0/-0
I have two users I would like to create a pseudonym for of the form fname.lname but when I try to create one it tells me the account already exists as a user-deleted account. Of course when I go to the server-manager that account does not show up and LAT-Tools cannot find it.

I can create a pseudonym of the form fname_lname.

This is the error I get when trying to create the pseudonym:
"Error: That name is in use You cannot create a pseudonym with that name."

If I try to create an account:
"Error: the account "fname.lname" can't be created because there is already a user-deleted account of that name."

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
I have two users I would like to create a pseudonym for of the form fname.lname but when I try to create one it tells me the account already exists as a user-deleted account.

That means that you deleted that account in the past, and there were errors during the deletion. The server manager had a red "operation status report", which you didn't notice or ignored.

The correct thing to do is to study your logs to see what went wrong during the user deletion, and then fix that problem before proceeding. You can then manually delete the 'user-deleted' record from the accounts database:

db accounts delete name_of_account

[If you search here for 'user-deleted' you will probably find that this same advice has been given multiple times previously.]

Offline janet

• +0/-0
gwbohn

Further to Charlies comments, the detailed answer is also in the FAQ, linked at top of these forums.
I suggest you read it & particularly see:
http://wiki.contribs.org/SME_Server:Documentation:FAQ:Section01#Deletion_of_Users_Ibays_Groups
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.