Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[SOLVED] NUT Not Sending Email Notifications

Offline bclayton

• +0/-0
[SOLVED] NUT Not Sending Email Notifications
« on: June 01, 2013, 06:10:06 PM »
I have 2 SME 8 servers using identical APC UPS and one sends emails on UPS events, the other does not.  I notice that on the one that does not send emails that the upsmon.conf files seems to be missing several NOTIFYFLAG statements compared to the server that works properly.  I didn't find the solution searching Google and the forums.  I assume that the uspmon.conf file is corrupt or damaged.  How is the best way to restore?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:33:23 PM by bclayton »

Offline bclayton

• +0/-0
[SOLVED]Re: NUT Not Sending Email Notifications
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 11:32:28 PM »
I was unaware that someone before me had created a custom template for an earlier UPS.  Deleted that template and now all appears well.

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
Re: [SOLVED]Re: NUT Not Sending Email Notifications
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 02:02:28 AM »
I was unaware that someone before me had created a custom template for an earlier UPS.  Deleted that template and now all appears well.

That's one of the nice things about custom templates. When you don't want them any more, you can just delete them! :-)

Offline bclayton

• +0/-0
Re: [SOLVED] NUT Not Sending Email Notifications
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 02:09:06 AM »
Thanks, Charlie.
I appreciate the confirmation and all the help that I have received on this forum.  SME is a great product and I am pleased to renew my financial support and hope that all users will join me in making a contribution.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:11:23 AM by bclayton »