Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Moving to new hardware with Affa

Offline ElFroggio

• +0/-0
Moving to new hardware with Affa
« on: December 21, 2013, 09:38:02 PM »
Hi,

SME8: I have a new i7 server that I want to migrate to. I have used http://wiki.contribs.org/index.php?title=Moving_SME_to_new_Hardware. I tested it and it works mostly (minor problem with the Mac address/solved).

I also use AWstats for the webstats. They didn't move over, I'd like to keep the history. The smeserver-awstats page points to http://www.dungog.net, but when I searched, I get: "No page title matches & No page text matches"

• Where is the awstats data stored?
  • How can it get backed up with affa?

Thanks

Syv

Offline janet

• +0/-0
Re: Moving to new hardware with Affa
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:08:05 PM »
ElFroggio

Why do you use Affa, what is wrong with using the standard server manager workstation or admin console backup to local USB, then installing sme OS on the new server, & then restoring from the backup, & then reinstalling the awstats (& other) contrib(s) ?
That is the recommended way & AFAIK includes all data, except by default any installed contribs (& /opt unless you manually specify it with a custom template).

Where is the awstats data stored?

Last time I looked it was in the admin users home folder.

How can it get backed up with affa?

It should be backed up & restored, unless something is wrong with Affa (& there are a number of suggestions of possible unresolved ongoing issues & bugs with Affa) or maybe you have followed the procedure incorrectly or done something else incorrectly.

Did you reinstall the identical awstats contrib after restore of data ?
Are you using the same domain name that awstats was originally monitoring ?
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline ElFroggio

• +0/-0
Re: Moving to new hardware with Affa
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 11:26:49 PM »
Last time I looked it was in the admin users home folder.

It should be backed up & restored, unless something is wrong with Affa (& there are a number of suggestions of possible unresolved ongoing issues & bugs with Affa) or maybe you have followed the procedure incorrectly or done something else incorrectly.

Thanks, I found them. I'm using Affa because I'm trying to minimize the downtime for the real migration will occur. The old server only supports USB1.1. It will take between 1 and 2 hours to a backup, then install on the new server...

Did you reinstall the identical awstats contrib after restore of data ?

I didn't realize that I needed to reinstall the contribs

Are you using the same domain name that awstats was originally monitoring ?

Yes

Thanks for the directions.

Syv