Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Horde 5.2 on SME9

Offline miroj

• +0/-0
Re: Horde 5.2 on SME9
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2016, 09:15:32 AM »
Hi John,

Thank you for the updated files. Now the install script is there. However there are several older files which has to be removed to perform installation:

Horde_Mime_Viewer-2.1.3-1.el6.noarch.rpm
Horde_Form-2.0.13-1.el6.noarch.rpm
Horde_Core-2.24.0-1.el6.noarch.rpm
Horde_Auth-2.1.12-1.el6.noarch.rpm

Since there are newer files as well in the RPMS folder which makes conflict in the installation. After removing the above mentioned files, the installation went flawlessly.

Thanks,

Miro

PS I have noticed an issue with the Horde 5.2.11 RPM's. I don't know why, but instead the whole domain name in the mail, it takes only last two (example org.rs instead of beta.org.rs). You can change it in the default identity settings, but it shouldn't happen like this.

Any clue what might be the issue or any other facing the same issue with the 5.2.11 RPM's?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 04:59:33 PM by miroj »
---
"Open Source will apear on your machines anyway"
Paolo Malinverno
Vice President, Gartner Research

Offline miroj

• +0/-0
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2016, 06:33:21 PM »
Hi John,

The new RPMS of Horde 5.2.12 looks good. Update went smooth, no issues found.

I do have the same issues with users who didn't enter information in their identity settings, or to be more precise The default e-mail address to use with this identity:.

Thanks,

Miro
---
Paolo Malinverno

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2016, 04:05:16 AM »
Hi John,

The new RPMS of Horde 5.2.12 looks good. Update went smooth, no issues found.

I do have the same issues with users who didn't enter information in their identity settings, or to be more precise The default e-mail address to use with this identity:.

Thanks,

Miro

Hi Miro,

I haven't been checking this for a while.  I think I might know where the issue is, but I'm not a real coder, so I don't know if I can fix it, or will need the help of the community to do so.  I"m pretty sure, it has something to do with the way the hook is coded in /home/httpd/html/horde/config/hooks.local.php.  I'll have a look some time soon, and see what I can do.

Thank you,

John

Offline miroj

• +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2016, 08:57:52 PM »
Hi John,

You are right, you have nailed the problem! It looks that /home/httpd/html/horde/config/hooks.local.php is the issue.

For a test I have just inserted a line in the hooks.local.php and the issue was gone. I have created a new one, but I'm not a php coder either. I'll try to figure out where the problem occurs.

Thank you!

Miro
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 09:21:50 PM by miroj »
---
Paolo Malinverno

guest22

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2016, 11:09:59 PM »
For a test I have just inserted a line in the hooks.local.php and the issue was gone.

What exactly have you done, so Joh and others can verify please?

Offline bunkobugsy

• +4/-0
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2016, 09:14:33 AM »
Actually I've been updating through Administration > Configuration > Check for new versions
and then  pear install horde/module_name  for every module that has an update. Is that ok?

Offline miroj

• +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2016, 07:09:18 PM »

What exactly have you done, so Joh and others can verify please?

Hi,

As I have mentioned, I was adding only one line (bold in the code) which was for testing purposes only. This is not a solution and makes new issues with the second loging, it just solved the problem with truncated domain. The original code should be checked and modified with knowledge of php and horde/SME internals, it is not a solution.

public function authusername($userId, $toHorde)
      {
          // Example #1: Append the virtual domain to the username.
          // ex. $HTTP_HOST = 'mail.mydomain.com', $userId = 'myname' returns:
          // 'myname@mydomain.com'
          $vdomain = getenv('HTTP_HOST');
          preg_match('/[^.]+\.[^.]+$/', $vdomain, $matches);
          $vdomain = $matches[0];   
          $vdomain = 'mydomain.com.mk';
          if ($userId == 'adminremoveuser') {
               return $userId;
          } else {
             if ($toHorde) {
                 return $userId . '@' . $vdomain;
             } else {
                  return (substr($userId, -strlen($vdomain)) == $vdomain)
                  ? substr($userId, 0, -strlen($vdomain)-1)
                  : $userId;
             }
          }
      }

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:13:06 PM by miroj »
---
Paolo Malinverno

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2016, 07:25:15 PM »
Hi as I said, it was only one line (bold in the code) which was for testing purposes only. This is not a solution and makes new issues with the second loging, it just solved the problem with truncated domain. The original code should be checked and

public function authusername($userId, $toHorde)
      {
          // Example #1: Append the virtual domain to the username.
          // ex. $HTTP_HOST = 'mail.mydomain.com', $userId = 'myname' returns:
          // 'myname@mydomain.com'
          $vdomain = getenv('HTTP_HOST');
          preg_match('/[^.]+\.[^.]+$/', $vdomain, $matches);
          $vdomain = $matches[0];   
$vdomain = 'mydomqin.com.mk';
          if ($userId == 'adminremoveuser') {
               return $userId;
          } else {
             if ($toHorde) {
                 return $userId . '@' . $vdomain;
             } else {
                  return (substr($userId, -strlen($vdomain)) == $vdomain)
                  ? substr($userId, 0, -strlen($vdomain)-1)
                  : $userId;
             }
          }
      }

That works when you only have 1 domain configured on your server.  If you have more, and want users to login to webmail using the other domain, then all of those user settings will be saved in mysql using whatever is hard-coded in $vdomain.  It might be a moot point, since all users are part of the same system.  I had thought about setting up a template to use the main domain as $vdomain a long time ago, but didn't thinking it might be better to be able to save user settings using the domain they used to login with.  I think there's a way to do this better using specific conf.d directives, which can be set unique for each domain, and also allow in turba to filter names based on the domain you are using.  I haven't looked or tested any of that.

John

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2016, 07:29:28 PM »
Actually I've been updating through Administration > Configuration > Check for new versions
and then  pear install horde/module_name  for every module that has an update. Is that ok?

On my dev box, I do a pear ua about once a month to see what's been updated, or when a new major release comes out.  Then I update the necessary RPM's.  Both work, but I believe a long while back one of the core devs was against individual users doing something like this to update their systems, or using other methods other than RPM installs, as it could be harder to diagnose problems.

John

Offline miroj

• +0/-0
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2016, 08:45:13 PM »
That works when you only have 1 domain configured on your server.  If you have more, and want users to login to webmail using the other domain, then all of those user settings will be saved in mysql using whatever is hard-coded in $vdomain.  It might be a moot point, since all users are part of the same system.  I had thought about setting up a template to use the main domain as $vdomain a long time ago, but didn't thinking it might be better to be able to save user settings using the domain they used to login with.  I think there's a way to do this better using specific conf.d directives, which can be set unique for each domain, and also allow in turba to filter names based on the domain you are using.  I haven't looked or tested any of that.

John

Hi John,

Fully agree, I do have only one domain, and as I said, I have only used the line to test whether this is solving the problem I had. I was previously looking in the mysql tables to find the domain somewhere stored, but without success. Your proposal looks as proper and long term solution, but unfortunately beyond my knowledge of Horde and SME.

Miro
---
Paolo Malinverno

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2016, 10:37:07 PM »
SMEserver9.1
Had the SoGo contrib installed and saw this update thread for Horde 5.2 so I installed as per wiki instructions and all appeared to go fine.
When I went to www.domain.com/webmail it immediately went to SoGo so I removed SoGo as per wiki instructions for that contrib.
After the reconfig and restart now I cannot access webmail at all.
When I go to www.domain.com/webmail this is what I see:
#------------------------------------------------------------ # !!DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE!! # # Manual changes will be lost when this file is regenerated. # # Please read the developer's guide, which is available # at http://www.contribs.org/development/ # # Copyright (C) 1999-2006 Mitel Networks Corporation #------------------------------------------------------------ // 110AppRegistryHorde $this->applications['horde'] = array( 'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/..', 'webroot' => '/horde', 'initial_page' => 'login.php', 'name' => _("My - Web Mail"), 'status' => 'active', 'templates' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../templates', 'provides' => 'horde' );

Would anyone have any advise for how I can fix this delema I have? Is there a way to uninstall horde 5.2 and then reinstall again?
Thanks in advance

-edb
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 11:53:46 PM by edb »

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2016, 01:29:47 AM »
Ok I uninstalled and then reinstall horde 5.2 and now I can access the webmail interface.
I can see my email but when I click on Calendar I get error
"dynamic/sidebar.html.php" not found in template path ("/home/httpd/html/horde/templates/:./")
also when I click the address book I get the following error:
A fatal error has occurred
QUERY FAILED: Unknown column 'share_parents' in 'field list' INSERT INTO turba_shares (share_name, share_parents, share_owner, attribute_name, attribute_params, perm_creator, perm_default, perm_guest, share_flags) VALUES ('H4CUfhEG3hvJNxw8Yzmzg93', NULL, 'admin@10.25', 'Address book of admin', 'a:3:{s:6:\"source\";s:8:\"localsql\";s:7:\"default\";b:1;s:4:\"name\";s:11:\"admin@10.25\";}', 0, 0, 0, 0)

Any idea as to how I can fix this issue? Thanks

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2016, 02:31:58 AM »
Ok I uninstalled and then reinstall horde 5.2 and now I can access the webmail interface.
I can see my email but when I click on Calendar I get error
"dynamic/sidebar.html.php" not found in template path ("/home/httpd/html/horde/templates/:./")
also when I click the address book I get the following error:
A fatal error has occurred
QUERY FAILED: Unknown column 'share_parents' in 'field list' INSERT INTO turba_shares (share_name, share_parents, share_owner, attribute_name, attribute_params, perm_creator, perm_default, perm_guest, share_flags) VALUES ('H4CUfhEG3hvJNxw8Yzmzg93', NULL, 'admin@10.25', 'Address book of admin', 'a:3:{s:6:\"source\";s:8:\"localsql\";s:7:\"default\";b:1;s:4:\"name\";s:11:\"admin@10.25\";}', 0, 0, 0, 0)

Any idea as to how I can fix this issue? Thanks

I don't really know how you got into that situation.  That column is valid on my system.  Did you do a post-upgrade and reboot?  From the server console, you can run this:
php /usr/bin/horde-db-migrate

Watch the screen, all of the items should say INFO.  If they don't run it again, then post the output and I'll see if I can help.

John

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2016, 03:48:50 AM »
Hi John and thank you very much for your reply.
I also don't know how I got into this situation very strange as the server was completely updated but not sure if the SoGo contrib had anything to do with it but I think it may be coincidence.
I issued that command
Code: [Select]
php /usr/bin/horde-db-migrate however I see no output from the command.

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2016, 04:33:31 AM »
Hi John

It looks like I may have some missing mysql tables.
When I click on the Calendar, Address Book, Tasks or Notes it generates an error about not finding the table.
When I have a look at the listed Horde tables some are missing hence the errors from the browser interface.
Is there a way to repair/restore the tables? Something with the table migration may not have gone right at some point.

Thank for your help