Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Zarafa on SME 8.x Can't Create New Email User

Offline WayneJVM

• +0/-0
Zarafa on SME 8.x Can't Create New Email User
« on: August 22, 2014, 01:14:02 AM »
I'm running Zarafa 7.0.13-41388 on SME 8.1 using the UNIX Plug-in. I went to create a new user for the purpose of running Bayesian learning but for some reason I could not get Zarafa to recognize the SpamAdmin user. I tried creating another user using the server manager with the same result. I can see the account in the SME DB, but am unable to see it in the zarafa-admin list of users. I have been able to create new email users using the server-manager before and have set GlobalForwarding for Zarafa.

Any thoughts would be welcome!

Thanks!

Offline pfloor

• +1/-0
Re: Zarafa on SME 8.x Can't Create New Email User
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 09:13:10 PM »
Moved to contribs section.

Wayne,
Did you manually install Zarafa or did you use one of the contribs?
In life, you must either "Push, Pull or Get out of the way!"

Offline WayneJVM

• +0/-0
Re: Zarafa on SME 8.x Can't Create New Email User
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 01:15:43 AM »
I used the Contrib. It worked flawlessly. Thank you!

The only non-standard thing I did was to move a license code from a ClearOS server that I had previously set-up to the SME server. It has worked fine and I believe that I found my problem which can only be filed under the duh heading.

I currently have 10 users using Zarafa once you include the admin user (which I wasn't counting but the folks at Zarafa were). So with a license of just 10 users I didn't have any additional users available so zarafa-admin would not show the 11th user. I am looking into adding additional users, but the purpose of this exercise was to enable bayesian learning for spam reduction. So instead of creating a new user just for the Bayesian function, I used an existing user. So far, everything seems to work.

Thanks!