Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Maillog Error: maildrop[4756]: Cannot determine my username.

Offline DanB35

• +0/-0
    • http://www.familybrown.org
Re: Maillog Error: maildrop[4756]: Cannot determine my username.
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 07:45:45 PM »
# rpm -qf /etc/e-smith/templates-user/.qmail/50Filter

Offline Zen

• +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 07:47:18 PM »
...nothing happened
Code: [Select]
Last login: Thu Sep 25 19:36:17 2014 from pc-00089.domain.it
[root@server ~]#  rpm -qf /etc/e-smith/templates-user/.qmail/50Filter
smeserver-mailsorting-1.2-45.el5.sme
[root@server~]#

Offline Daniel B.

• +0/-0
    • Firewall Services, la sécurité des réseaux
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 07:48:17 PM »
This is probably the smeserver-mailsorting contrib. You should open a bug
C'est la fin du monde !!! :lol:

Offline DanB35

• +0/-0
    • http://www.familybrown.org
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2014, 07:51:12 PM »
No, something did happen; it returned the name of the RPM it belongs to.  As the other Daniel B. said, looks like there could be a bug in that RPM, so open a bug report.  In the meantime, you could remove it.

Offline Zen

• +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2014, 07:55:23 PM »
ok :)
For now i just commented all the lines
| /usr/bin/maildrop ; if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then exit -1; else exit 99; fi; in my .qmail files (i've about 10 users, not a long operation).
Now i'll try to open a bug report, hope that is not my server a little messed up.

Thanks again for yours support ^_^

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2014, 08:21:28 PM »
your solution will work until you'll reconfigure your server..

post the output of
/sbin/e-smith/audittools/templates
rpm -qa | grep -i drop

thank you

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2014, 08:26:51 PM »
Now, moving all this files, I started to receive again but i've lost all the qmail queue.

You made a fundamental mistake. You changed your system without knowing what was wrong with it, and without knowing what you were doing.

The process should be 1) observe 2) diagnose and then 3) correct.

How can i retrieve all those messages?

You can't until you know where they are. And then the answer will be, maybe you can't retrieve them. That's why you should have left them safely in the mail queue until you properly diagnosed your problem.

You should look in your qmail log files and try to determine what happened to those messages when you deleted all the files that you shouldn't have deleted.

Offline Zen

• +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 08:23:15 AM »
your solution will work until you'll reconfigure your server..

post the output of
/sbin/e-smith/audittools/templates
rpm -qa | grep -i drop

thank you

Yep, i know...it's temporary until i don't find a better solution, but I needed to solve the problem quickly enough.
The results:
login as: root
root@192.168.0.50's password:
Last login: Fri Sep 26 08:15:38 2014 from pc-00089.server.it
[root@server~]# /sbin/e-smith/audittools/templates
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/var/service/qpsmtpd/config/peers/0/17check_basicheaders: MANUALLY_ADDED, OVERRIDE
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/var/service/qpsmtpd/config/peers/local/17check_basicheaders: MANUALLY_ADDED, OVERRIDE
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings03Debugger: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings20VerisignPayflowPro: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings04Logging: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/65FopenWrappers: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings08MySQL: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings15Informix: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings10PostgresSQL: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings18Assertion: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/60FileUploads: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings14browscap: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/30ErrorHandling: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings12Sybase-CT: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings11Sybase: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings17MSSQL: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/10LanguageOptions: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings01Syslog: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings02mailfunction: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings09mSQL: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings06SQL: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings07ODBC: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings19IngresII: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/40DataHandling: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/00PHP: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/template-begin: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings21Sockets: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/50PathsDirectories: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/20ResourceLimits: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings13bcmath: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings05Java: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/15ExposePHP: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/etc/php.ini/80ModuleSettings16Session: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/squid/squid.conf/72MaxHeaderSize: OWNED_BY_RPM, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/squid/squid.conf/75SizeOfCache: OWNED_BY_RPM, ADDITION
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/squid/squid.conf/70StoreAvgObjectSize: OWNED_BY_RPM, OVERRIDE
[root@server~]# rpm -qa | grep -i drop
maildrop-2.5.0-13.el5
[root@server ~]#

Offline Zen

• +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2014, 08:47:40 AM »
You made a fundamental mistake. You changed your system without knowing what was wrong with it, and without knowing what you were doing.

The process should be 1) observe 2) diagnose and then 3) correct.

I know, i tried but the diagnose process was not so easy. I didn't find any information about my logs.

You can't until you know where they are. And then the answer will be, maybe you can't retrieve them. That's why you should have left them safely in the mail queue until you properly diagnosed your problem.

You should look in your qmail log files and try to determine what happened to those messages when you deleted all the files that you shouldn't have deleted.

When i have moved the files and launched a
qmHandle -a, all the queued messages arrived to my users, the qmail log didn't report anything strange, but, after the receipt of the queue, the problem has returned and some new .qmail files were written inside my users folders.
After this i checked what was inside this file and I found a line i don't have in my clean sme.

At the end i restored the previous files, that ones i had moved, and I have commented the line i wrote some message ago. In my qmail log, after the "solution" all seemed to work well, i didn't see any particular message.

Not a good solution but never had some big mistake with emails, just with RBL list or other lists, nothing serious.
Until the server is running, I can prepare another virtual machine with a new clean installation, restore my affa backup and do some tests on it.

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2014, 02:06:19 PM »
Your problems will be solved by doing:

rpm -e smeserver-mailsorting
signal-event post-upgrade
signal-event reboot

Offline Zen

• +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 01:11:52 PM »
[root@server~]# rpm -e smeserver-mailsorting

##################################
to disable procmail or maildrop
config delprop qmail FilterType
signal-event email-update

[root@server ~]#

i have to delete also the filter type?

[root@server~]# config show qmail FilterType
qmail=service
    FilterType=maildrop
    MaxMessageSize=30000000
    VacationDelay=-t1d
    status=enabled
[root@server~]#
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:14:36 PM by Zen »

Offline stephdl

• +0/-0
    • Linux et Geekeries
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 01:48:12 PM »
Not sure that is related but do you have a rule that can break the mailsorting contribs ?

See http://wiki.contribs.org/Mailsorting#Create_Rules
See http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation
irc : Freenode #sme_server #sme-fr

!!! Please write your knowledge to the Wiki !!!

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 01:58:29 PM »
Not sure that is related but do you have a rule that can break the mailsorting contribs ?

stephdl, please ask that question via bugzilla. Bug 8572.

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 02:02:44 PM »
[root@server~]# rpm -e smeserver-mailsorting

to disable procmail or maildrop
config delprop qmail FilterType
signal-event email-update

[root@server ~]#

i have to delete also the filter type?

That's a badly designed contrib - it shouldn't be asking those questions - it should "just work".

I don't think you need to delete the FilterType property. But there should be no problem if you do remove it, and it is easy to do.

The FilterType property isn't used anywhere in base SME server templates.

-bash-3.00$ pwd
/etc/e-smith
-bash-3.00$ grep -r FilterType *templates*
-bash-3.00$