Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

affa install confusion

Offline k_graham

• +0/-0
affa install confusion
« on: May 21, 2015, 03:23:05 AM »
I am having troubles with a fresh install of affa on sme server 9  32 bit.

I get the following message when I get to the configcheck instructions

affa --configcheck

Can't locate Filesys/DiskFree.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /sbin/affa line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /sbin/affa line 24.

The problem is likely me, I'm not sure of what I am doing so simply copying and pasting instructions from online manual  using putty.  I would appreciate knowing if you are using affa with sme 9  32 bit or if I need to use a older SME 8  and if so can I backup SME 9 64 bit which is the server I desire to backup.

Thanks Ken

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
Re: affa install confusion
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 09:21:48 AM »
how did you install affa?

Offline janet

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 11:11:48 PM »
k_graham

version ?
rpm -q smeserver-affa
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline k_graham

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 06:48:42 AM »
how did you install affa?

Sorry for the delay,  Affa 3  from step 5 as per the instructions for Affa in the Backup of Contribs, http://wiki.contribs.org/Affa#For_SME9 , everything seemed okay until I got to here

Now manually create directory for archive files:
mkdir /var/affa

The first try I clicked on Dag and went through that then continued with retrieve addional required RPM packages and on down the list.  Today I reinstalled SME 9, 32 bit bypassed clicking on Dag, it appeared DAG did not install  and gave errors after I went further, so I went back, clicked on Dag, followed the procedure there, came back continued down the list  and  have gotten farther.

The following output should appear on the console:
The authenticity of host 'backup-smeserver (192.168.0.2)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 3b..........65.
Are you sure you want ton continue connecting (yes/no)? <yes>
Now your backup job should run for the first time. Depending on the volume of the files, this takes quite a while.
Once the job is done, check that the archive is available:

And that is where I left it , hoping it is doing the sync having type "yes" .  It consists of a quite a bit of Data, a couple hundred Gigs or so. I was never successful with Dar to be able to view files to restore,  and have therefore used Winrar but it takes most of the night to backup that way. I'm hoping Affa will do the job over the internet once the initial backup is created so I can automate the process .  Also for anyone else unfamiliar with the editors in SME server I find Midnight Commander more graphical, just type MC at the  root prompt.

I will let you know in another day if it was successful.

Ken Graham 

Offline k_graham

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 12:36:08 AM »
k_graham

version ?
rpm -q smeserver-affa

Is it really as simple as that Janet, as compared to following the  How to contribs.

Thanks, Ken

Offline k_graham

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 12:41:24 AM »
Anyway it looks like I have muddled through and backups are happening. I guess the next step will be to try and either restore a single file , or a rise to see if it works for when its really needed.

Then too see if I can move the server home and have it continue.

Thanks, Ken

Affa version 3.2.2.2-1 on hcp
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Job: backup-smeserver                                                                                          |
| Description: Backup of 10.0.0.1 smeserver.dc                                                                   |
| Directory: /var/affa/backup-smeserver/                                                                         |
| Hostname: 10.0.0.1                                                                                             |
| Email: root                                                                                                    |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Run   | Completion date                           |    buTime | ddTime | ddYld | Files |  Size |  Sent | Recvd |
| D 1  | Fri 2015-05-22 01:07                       |     9h48m |      - |     - |  973k |  366G |   17M |  367G |
| D 0  | Fri 2015-05-22 11:43                       |     2m34s |      - |     - |  973k |  366G |  777k |   70M |
| S 0  | Sat 2015-05-23 06:34                       |     4m26s |      - |     - |  972k |  367G |  1.2M |  740M |

| Job: localhost                                                                                                 |
| Description: Testjob localhost backup                                                                          |
| Directory: /var/affa/localhost/                                                                                |
| Hostname: localhost                                                                                            |
| Email: root                                                                                                    |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
[root@hcp ~]#