Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[SOLVED] How to enable password plugin in Roundcube

Offline nuxero

• +0/-0
[SOLVED] How to enable password plugin in Roundcube
« on: October 14, 2015, 12:34:14 AM »
Hello. I installed Roundcube following the steps on the wiki from smecontribs repo. I want to enable password plugin. I know I have to edit config.inc.php template fragment but not sure of what driver should I use. Any suggestion?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:01:52 PM by nuxero »

guest22

Re: How to enable password plugin in Roundcube
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 01:21:32 AM »
Yes. Please read the basics os SME Server. Read the SME Server manual carefully and you will learn about authentication.

Offline stephdl

• +0/-0
    • Linux et Geekeries
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 08:00:18 AM »
not sure it is a good Idea, please use the user-password instead or the http://wiki.contribs.org/UserManager

If really you are a kamikaze I suppose that Ldap must be enabled as not only read only, but in a write mode, and allow the driver ldap.php or ldap_simple.php
See http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation
irc : Freenode #sme_server #sme-fr

!!! Please write your knowledge to the Wiki !!!

Online Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 09:51:42 AM »
Hello. I installed Roundcube following the steps on the wiki from smecontribs repo. I want to enable password plugin. I know I have to edit config.inc.php template fragment but not sure of what driver should I use. Any suggestion?

changing users' password outside the "normal" procedure (i.e. using /user-password page) will likely break your server, meaning that will break your users auth.

Offline nuxero

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 04:01:17 PM »
Thanks for your valuable suggestions. The /user-password seems the more convenient way.